PDA

View Full Version : Cherry lake tips

Bcsampson
07-31-2017, 09:49 PM
I am going up to Cherry lake this coming weekend with two friends. Neither have ever fished much and I want them to have a good experience. I have also never been to cherry lake but I try to fish as much as I can. What works well up there this time of year? We will be fishing from shore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigUnInDaBoat
08-01-2017, 08:21 AM
Cherry is being drained as we speak the lake is already 80' below the spillway. Just FYI.

From Stani Nat Forest page: Cherry Lake update. Most recent photo was taken on July 29 (bottom photo). The lake is currently 74 feet below the spillway

Bcsampson
08-01-2017, 03:01 PM
Cherry is being drained as we speak the lake is already 80' below the spillway. Just FYI.

From Stani Nat Forest page: Cherry Lake update. Most recent photo was taken on July 29 (bottom photo). The lake is currently 74 feet below the spillway

Is it being drained for snow runoff?

BigUnInDaBoat
08-01-2017, 03:42 PM
Nope they are draining 5-7' a day because the valves on the dam have reached the end of their service life.

Bcsampson
08-03-2017, 07:07 PM
Nope they are draining 5-7' a day because the valves on the dam have reached the end of their service life.

What about lake Elenor then? Fishing in that lake?

BigUnInDaBoat
08-03-2017, 08:15 PM
What about lake Elenor then? Fishing in that lake?

Only thing I know is that it exists, sorry never fished it. Buddy fished cherry from shore this last weekend for one fish.

Bcsampson
08-03-2017, 08:21 PM
Only thing I know is that it exists, sorry never fished it. Buddy fished cherry from shore this last weekend for one fish.

Dang alright well I guess I can just hope. Might just go into Elenor to hopefully see a full lake

borntoscout
08-04-2017, 07:27 AM
What about lake Elenor then? Fishing in that lake? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk FYI, I posted on a couple kayak trips to Eleanor in recent years if you want to look them up. I think the single-barbless reg. posted at the ranger station is obsolete as it does not appear in the Yosemite regs posted online.

chubbswheeler
08-04-2017, 07:28 AM
Check out the clavey river. It's a heritage stream and has nice wild trout.

k9mark
08-07-2017, 01:11 AM
Check out the clavey river. It's a heritage stream and has nice wild trout.

I fished clavey last week and it's low and gin clear. Nothing but spooky fish and dinks. Biggest fish I saw was probably six inches. You'd be better off at the Stanislaus, clarks fork or Kennedy meadows