PDA

View Full Version : Leadcore line suggestions?

Joey805
08-06-2017, 10:54 PM
I'm looking to replace my current Sufix leadcore line that I've ran for a couple years because its faded out. What is everyone's take on the newer Sufix 832 leadcore? Is it any better or more problems? It's definitely alot more expensive but I'm welling to pay the price if it's THAT much better. The reviews seem mixed. I am currently running the regular sufix. It's thick, kinks, fades, ect. but has done the job and put some good trout on the boat over the last couple seasons. Or is there a better leadcore than Sufix to run? Does the 15# and 18# have the same amount of lead in each? Or is one heavier than the other? Was thinking about trying the 12# 832 just for it to sink faster if they both have the same amount of lead.

Thanks

Jetspray
08-07-2017, 02:43 AM
Welcome to the boards, and welcome to the wonders of leadcore line. I am not a great fan of leadcore, however I have about 7 setups strung with it for trolling at Topaz and Pyramid. I do use the Sufix 832 as well as some from Cabela's and Sportsman's Warehouse. Everything from 18# up to 27#. True the thinner lines sink better but all of the fading, kinking, twisting and line nests will plague you no matter what you use. I do put line dressings on the line when I spool it because these lines need more lubrication to move through the eyes of whatever line set-up you have. It does matter how the line is manufactured and what it is made of. The Sufix is made of material more like high end boating ropes (dyneema) vs most nylon types. You do pay for what you get........Jetspray

hooks
08-07-2017, 05:47 AM
Quick search.......

Sufix advanced 832, which I'm using now, 18lb. ... .027 diameter -- 12 lb... .022 diameter
Dives 30% deeper, 70% stronger

Tuf-line MicroLead 18lb..... .023 diameter . Same sink rate as standard lead core on package.
30% smaller, 70% stronger