PDA

View Full Version : Any fishing report on Medicine Lake

bub1931
08-07-2017, 10:37 AM
Doing to some research for my dad. He is taking grand kids up to the Burney Area staying in PGE cabins by Britton, and he was thinking of taking a day trip to Medicine to fish, picnic, etc.

Its a little over an hr drive from where he will be staying. Anyone been out to there lately? and How the fishing's been

Thanks

Mikfish
08-07-2017, 12:35 PM
Haven't been there in some time. You might want to make sure the road is open before heading up there. We had heavy snowfall through winter.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

chartreuse moose
08-07-2017, 02:00 PM
The road is in good shape, the lake full of fish will hit just about anything you toss, troll or still fish for them. Mosquitoes are thick in shaded areas. Just up there two weeks ago

bub1931
08-07-2017, 02:50 PM
Thanks for the Info. I read on the forestry website the road up there is open so I knew that.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

MtnFisher
08-07-2017, 03:29 PM
Thanks for the Info. I read on the forestry website the road up there is open so I knew that.

Sent from my Pixel using TapatalkFished it years ago from a boat. Lots of lava beds, tules, crystal clear water and beautiful rainbows caught.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

TexWalker
08-08-2017, 06:30 AM
Baum lake is right there next to Britton and is full of feisty rainbows

bub1931
08-08-2017, 07:02 AM
He will definitely hit up Baum. We fish this area every year right after the trout opener. He loves going to Baum. That time of year the road to medicine is normally closed. He's towing our boat. He may also swing over to big Lake. Hopefully he will get into some fish for the great grand kids.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Mikfish
08-09-2017, 06:24 AM
We used to stop at bullseye lake/pond on the way to medicine. Just a few miles down the road. Always caught trout there too.

sarahpee
08-12-2017, 02:03 PM
Last year I took my mini boat to medicine, trolling is rough/tough because almost the entire north/east area of the lake is shallow, as in 10 feet or less. The best and also deepest area of the lake is in the south east area, the fish are a bit bigger (up to 12-13 inches) in that area, picked up a few while trolling the other parts of the lake, but all smaller. Also caught abt 12 brook trout & only 2 rainbows. About bullseye, hard to imagine you caught any fish out of that pond, let alone anything of size, maybe the hatchery truck previously stopped by.

Mikfish
08-13-2017, 06:05 PM
About bullseye, hard to imagine you caught any fish out of that pond, let alone anything of size, maybe the hatchery truck previously stopped by.

Pan size rainbows.. and catch them we did. Hatchery truck?... I don't know, but every year we went to medicine, we caught fish in that pond. It's a mountain pond, why wouldn't it have trout?