PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid questions

GoneCountry
08-22-2017, 08:48 PM
So its sounds like it will be a lil different when camping at pyramid this year . In years past it looked like the gang lined up near the beach. Im seriously thinking of making the trek this year. Not sure of my camping arrangements. Is it cold that time of year there??? I was wondering the best method of fishing in boat? use down riggers or troll. How many fish are you allowed per day and whats min requirements for fish taken. Thank You

Gonecountry

Captain Compassion
08-22-2017, 09:15 PM
So its sounds like it will be a lil different when camping at pyramid this year . In years past it looked like the gang lined up near the beach. Im seriously thinking of making the trek this year. Not sure of my camping arrangements. Is it cold that time of year there??? I was wondering the best method of fishing in boat? use down riggers or troll. How many fish are you allowed per day and whats min requirements for fish taken. Thank You

Gonecountry

All good questions. First weather in inter mountain Nevada in October can be whatever it wants to be. Days can be in the 70s with nights in the low 40s. Or, like one fest, there can be rain, snow, sleet, wind and a waterspout or two. All on the same day. Be prepared. The camping is on the camping pads above the beach at Pelican. Autos and campers are not allowed on the beach but you can erect a tent if you want. In the fall the best techniques are trolling either with downriggers or lead core. If the wind is low then jigging can be quite successful. Fishing is barbless using artificial lures or flies. The limit is a slot limit. 2 fish per day may be taken. 2 fish 17 - 20 inches or 1 fish 17 - 20 inches and one 24 inches plus. If you can make it then come. You ain't never seen a place like this.

CC

Jetspray
08-23-2017, 02:53 AM
Gonecountry I agree in the past we camped at close to the shoreline. Things have changed, so when you get your permits for camping, fishing, and boating make sure you pick up a couple of rule books to browse over before you do anything. The "pads" are RV related but only for parking vehicles. There is sticker plants everywhere on the dirt next to them, so carry something you can clear that with first and some good tent stakes if you tent up. Hope to see you there for the fest in October........Jetspray

GoneCountry
08-23-2017, 06:27 AM
Thanks Hope to see you and Captain soon, and some new sniffers as well.

CrappieJed
08-23-2017, 01:08 PM
Gonecountry I agree in the past we camped at close to the shoreline. Things have changed, so when you get your permits for camping, fishing, and boating make sure you pick up a couple of rule books to browse over before you do anything. The "pads" are RV related but only for parking vehicles. There is sticker plants everywhere on the dirt next to them, so carry something you can clear that with first and some good tent stakes if you tent up. Hope to see you there for the fest in October........Jetspray
You can't park and overnight in your truck on the beach where we're festing?

CrappieJed
08-23-2017, 01:17 PM
We can't be doing this?
http://youtu.be/KYV-fTW5yrA

LineStretcher
08-23-2017, 04:56 PM
We can't be doing this?
http://youtu.be/KYV-fTW5yrAYou can at Wino but not at Pelican. The Fest is at Pelican. I was skeptical at first but I actually like it better.

Jetspray
08-23-2017, 05:31 PM
You can't park and overnight in your truck on the beach where we're festing?No and if you purchase fireworks make sure you use the beaches they allow it on. We have had fires this year do to those who do not follow the instructions........Jetspray

Jetspray
08-23-2017, 05:33 PM
You can at Wino but not at Pelican. The Fest is at Pelican. I was skeptical at first but I actually like it better.
+1 Steve closer to the festivities and in general good things around the bombfire.........Jetspray

CrappieJed
08-23-2017, 06:49 PM
No and if you purchase fireworks make sure you use the beaches they allow it on. We have had fires this year do to those who do not follow the instructions........Jetspray
Lol WTH fireworks...who's bringing 💥 fireworks

I'd rather have dancing girls
:beauty1::bellyemoticon5zi::beauty1::beauty1::chee sy:

LineStretcher
08-23-2017, 07:20 PM
They sell them at the Sutcliffe Marina. They're pretty cool except when people get stupid with them. SloBoat usually takes charge of those and is very discrete.

Jetspray
08-23-2017, 07:25 PM
Lol WTH fireworks...who's bringing 💥 fireworks

I'd rather have dancing girls
:beauty1::bellyemoticon5zi::beauty1::beauty1::chee sy:If you want that go to Moundhouse and look up Dennis, he wants to have a brothel in Parump NV for the Raiders coming to Las Vegas.........Jetspray

CrappieJed
08-23-2017, 07:29 PM
They sell them at the Sutcliffe Marina. They're pretty cool except when people get stupid with them. SloBoat usually takes charge of those and is very discrete.
So this is a real thing fireworks at pyramid...oh boy. I better leave my Lab home fireworks really annoy's him. Only way calm him down is little shot crown royal

Captain Compassion
08-23-2017, 07:43 PM
So this is a real thing fireworks at pyramid...oh boy. I better leave my Lab home fireworks really annoy's him. Only way calm him down is little shot crown royal

If I bark a lot can I have some too?:smile-new:

CC

CrappieJed
08-23-2017, 08:39 PM
If I bark a lot can I have some too?:smile-new:

CC
You bet but know howling lol

Jetspray
08-24-2017, 03:15 AM
So this is a real thing fireworks at pyramid...oh boy. I better leave my Lab home fireworks really annoy's him. Only way calm him down is little shot crown royalThere at usually a bunch of dogs running around off the leash, which puts those who follow the rules and have them on a leash at risk (fires going, dog fights, etc etc etc). To me I am pensive about dog attacks because I delivered papers back in the day and had to carry a small bottle of dilute parson's ammonia to ward them off. I have had many dogs in the past including Basenji's and yes they do not bark they sort of snort/gruff and yodel too. Love dogs as well as cats. I hope to see you there:vrolijk_26::Gone_fishing:.......Jetspray

Jetspray
08-24-2017, 03:17 AM
You bet but know howling lolYes he does hoot and howl from time to time:vino:.......Jetspray

LineStretcher
08-24-2017, 04:56 AM
So this is a real thing fireworks at pyramid...oh boy. I better leave my Lab home fireworks really annoy's him. Only way calm him down is little shot crown royalMy dog goes and hides under the front seat of the van.