PDA

View Full Version : Don Pedro

CountryBoy
07-28-2008, 05:08 PM
Im going camping there in 2 weeks and Im wondering how the catfish/carp bite is? I have been there once before but it was a long time ago and I didnt have any fishing stuff with me... I dont know exactly where my campsite is yet but if I find out I will let you guys know. whats a good bait to use? wheres a good place to fish? thanks in advance
CountryBoy

CountryBoy
07-31-2008, 07:38 PM
does ANYBODY have any info on Don Pedro?

scfisher831
07-31-2008, 08:06 PM
CountryBoy.When I've been camping at Don Pedro we stay at Mocossain Point campground usely in the overflow area for a water spot.I've seen carp jumping every morning.I haven't try for them as were after kokes,bows,but the dough baits,corn,tortilla would work.
I didn't make it there this year,but last year the guys in the campsite next to us caught some big cats at nite were the creek comes into Mocassian Point area were the last overflow camping area is.I hear water is low this year.Good luck

Sideliner
08-01-2008, 12:17 PM
Hey Countryboy, Last year we did good for cats at dusk at Mocosin point. I used whole anchovy's with a sliding sinker set up(1/2oz).
We C&R about 4 kitty's. Make sure you have a good pole holder cause, the cats just hit the bait and run most of the time. My buddy almost lost his pole due to a crazy catfish :D. Good luck!!! ;)

CountryBoy
08-02-2008, 01:10 PM
thank guys! ;) i really appreciate it. Looks like Ill be bringin mackeral and anchovies with me. I generally fish with open bail so I dont have to worry about the fish taken my pole, Ill be there the 8th, 9th and 10th and I will definitely post results when I get back. thanks again
CountryBoy