PDA

View Full Version : william land park?

BIG_ONE
07-19-2008, 04:20 PM
anyone heard of the last stock they did in that pond? planning to hit that pond tomorrow ;)

Bigg A
07-19-2008, 06:05 PM
anyone heard of the last stock they did in that pond? planning to hit that pond tomorrow *;)

They stock every week up until sometime in september, but I dont think its worth going after hearing the fish were dying over there. For some odd reason, the fish seem to die in that pond, but seem to do allright in the other ponds they stock. :-?

BIG_ONE
07-19-2008, 06:38 PM
that pond water is pretty warm thats why they always seem to die, and its not as big as other ponds lol but what i like about it is..the action is really hot in that pond lol

BIG_ONE
07-20-2008, 05:16 PM
back from the pond, got skunked. TONS of little teenie tiny LM DINKS, every cast, every dink. >:( I guess they stocked up some LM dinks yesterday instead, heard last week they were slaying those cat, guess imma wait till next week ;D

jtk25
07-21-2008, 11:21 AM
What were you using as bait out there Big One? I have tried a couple ponds in the fishing in the city program using sardines and worms and didn't get anything. I heard from a guy that blue gill fillets work well, but I have had my best results with shrimp. Of course they have to not be fished out when using any bait.

BIG_ONE
07-21-2008, 07:10 PM
sardines, and mack are #1 bait...trust me on this lol out fished many people that try using worms and others...chicken livers works just as the same ;)
The reason worms doesn't really work because due to what the owner feed these fish, im guessing worms are not on their choice of food during the farm raising, so i guess thats why its hard getting one hitting on worms, but many success on dines, mack, and livers, shrimp may also works, but to my idea, anything deals with fleshy meat, they'll eat it, cat doesn't even pick on food as long as its fresh and meaty ;)

BIG_ONE
07-26-2008, 05:21 PM
Back from william land again...skunked for the 2nd time!!!! >:( I wonder what is going on with these planting....are they not planting in the ponds??? i heard they planted the pond across from where they naturally planted, walked across the golf course and nothing is there but TONS of BLUE...and i also heard something went wrong with the oxygen pump in the first pond where they plant the cat...so thats why 100 and something cat ended dead there last 2 week, still waiting for this week to come in; or next 2 week and test it out again >:(

catfish08
07-26-2008, 10:22 PM
I haven't gone to William Land Park but went to Howe Park this afternoon and caught five small catfish range 1/2 to 2 pounds. They usually planted catfish around 4 to 8 pounds at Howe Park but last week and this week were small ones. Also, bunch of small carp in the pond bit baits like crazy.. :( for the past two weeks.