PDA

View Full Version : Giant Carp

shadbuster
07-22-2008, 03:03 PM
Was shad fishing the stanislaus the other day and saw a massive carp, that thing had to be pushing 30+ pounds, the last two times I've been there I've seen it in the same spot I don't think it moves much. Next time I head up there I think I'm going to take my striper rod and try to catch it and its big koi friend who lives upstream. I've caught carp in lakes but I have no idea how to fish for them in rivers any help with this subject would be appreciated.

Florin
07-22-2008, 04:18 PM
just use weeties original mix with water at location mash in a dough and to increase chance use polarized glass amber makes them easier to spot :)

BIG_ONE
07-22-2008, 07:01 PM
river carp fishing ;D 8-) im here to help, corn meal dough, size 1/0 or 2/0 hooks in owner or gamakatsu, 1 oz egg sinker or pyrimid sinker on a sliding rig 8-)
Just let it tap, soon your rod will take a peek in carp heaven ;D 8-)

sHoRe_fAnAtIc
07-24-2008, 11:58 AM
Was shad fishing the stanislaus the other day and saw a massive carp, that thing had to be pushing 30+ pounds, the last two times I've been there I've seen it in the same spot I don't think it moves much. *Next time I head up there I think I'm going to take my striper rod and try to catch it and its big koi friend who lives upstream. *I've caught carp in lakes but I have no idea how to fish for them in rivers any help with this subject would be appreciated. *

No need for the striper rod... Use your trout rod if the water doesn't have to much structure...

BIG_ONE
07-24-2008, 10:39 PM
you might want to bring a striper rod, 30lbs+ carp in a river is not a game no more, its some serious power, snap 10lbs test easy...seen some fairly large ones snapping 25lbs test :o :-/ ;D

lomenop
07-26-2008, 07:26 PM
whats a good river carp bait recipe? I've tried a few things but the current seems to wash away my doughballs in short time.