PDA

View Full Version : liver dough balls

jwstralla
07-22-2008, 09:24 PM
me and my grandpa had an idea to make liver dough balls so we ground up liver till it was liquid then trough in a few dead minnows and added flour. unfortunately we did not add enough flour and it wouldnt stay on the hook so we used cut bait and caught a few cats at lahotan.

Im wondering your opinon on if these dough balls would work and would carp bite them?

BIG_ONE
07-22-2008, 09:29 PM
if you add livers and such, then nope carp will not take em,has to be sweet, or salty, and very fatty stuff...

I know why your cat dough ball doesn't work well on the hook, its because your only using flour, you need cornmeal...just add cornmeal in it then add the livers and such..that'll hold on and work well, good luck ;)

Carpopath
07-22-2008, 10:49 PM
Yes carp will eat liver, but use it as an additive to boilies/dough bait rather than the bulk, dried liver powder is an old school additive for boilies i wouldn't put more than 10-20% in your mix, it can also still be used in conjuction with sweet flavoured ingredients, use soya flour instead of regular flower as well as cornmeal ;)

BIG_ONE
07-22-2008, 11:14 PM
yes carp will eat livers, i've caught some on plain liver before, but if you put 2 different thing, carp would take the other instead of the liver ;)