PDA

View Full Version : Del Valle 7/17 & 18

Klamdog
07-18-2008, 07:26 PM
I haven't been catfishing since I was a kid, so I asked my son if he would like to go out and spend the night at Del Valle and try and catch some catfish. *Of course I knew the answer, so we did! *We fished Thursday from about noon - 7:00, and Friday (today) from about 6:30a.m - noon. *Surprisingly the time of day really didn't seem to matter. *I remember the catfish bite really turning on in the early evening, and early morning? *It didn't seem to make a difference. *Oh well, we had fun. *We didn't exactly knock them out, we tried a lot of different spots. We caught about a dozen total (all using anchovies). *Half of the fish looked pretty clean, but the other half were real yellow! *We released all the fish so we can go back in a few years, and noodle for them! *Just joking about the noodling part! *Also, I would like to thank sniffer (woody) for his helpful tips! *Here's a couple PICS! *Good luck to all!http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc173/Klamdog/P7170221-1.jpghttp://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc173/Klamdog/P7170223.jpg

MB_Kevin
07-18-2008, 09:45 PM
Good job on the cats! That is the first lake I took my nephew to fish for some real fish. We hooked into some nice ones in the middle of the day in early spring when the guys at the bait shop told us we would only be able to get some trout. Did you camp there? There is no camping on the water there is there? If so I would like to go!

Klamdog
07-19-2008, 05:47 AM
MB,
We did camp, but no camping on or near the water. *They have lots of campsites, but nothing next to the lake. *It's always nice to find lakes that you can get off the boat, and still be able to fish at the campsite!

ken_fishnfool
07-19-2008, 09:40 AM
The yellowish ones are holdovers and the greyish ones are recent plants. DV is one of the few lakes around here that they'll bite all day long!

Good job out there and thanks for the report!! :)

MB_Kevin
07-19-2008, 11:16 PM
I stayed at that campground when I was in high school with a Friend and our two girlfriends. It was nice but a drive to the water. It also made me paranoid when we caught a huge tarantula right near our camp :-/