PDA

View Full Version : More Hungry Cats at Camp Far West

jtk25
07-16-2008, 10:27 AM
As planned I made a return trip to CFW, to focus less on family fun and more on fishing. I got there a little after 1pm and started looking for some mud. The water level had gone down quite a bit so the honey hole last time was almost dried up. It didn't take long to find another spot churning with boat driven mud. Just like last time it didn't take long for the hard bites to start to come. Like clock work I would get a good pull down about every 15 to 20 minutes. After a few fights (you know the old roll and spit) and countless take downs. I landed the first one about 4pm.

We stayed till about 8pm with the bite staying the same through out the day, and in all that time we only moved once about 30 yards down shore. We landed 3 ranging from 2 to 4 pounds and lost probably 7 more, a couple I would guess by the fight over 5 pounds. Sardines were the only bait I used all day. These fish are fun to catch because they are aggressive biters and fighters. On light tackle its a blast. Till next time.

mrsockeye
07-17-2008, 07:36 PM
Sounds like a real fun time, and I think I will be making a trip down to Camp Far West sometime befor the snow flies. The only catfish I can catch lately in Western Nevada is at the grocery store, and one day I couldn' even catch them there! :'((they were out) It is always the biggest ones that get away.

sacfishinfool
07-17-2008, 09:01 PM
OK, I gotta head out there this weekend, thank you for the post...what entrance did you go in when you went there?

jtk25
07-18-2008, 10:06 AM
On the weekdays only the north entrance is open (so I entered there), but both are open on the weekends. I don't think it will matter the fish are all spead out jumping and hungry.

sacfishinfool
07-18-2008, 04:26 PM
Cool! Thanks! ;)