PDA

View Full Version : Ryan & Amanda Fishing Holes

BIG_ONE
07-14-2008, 03:55 PM
Anyone knows if this place is open again? Been years sinced i fished here after its closed down from what i heard. I just love it here, non stop action cat, and a couple carp, pushing probably at the most 3lbs-5lbs, averaging 2lbs. :(

garrett_s
07-14-2008, 05:19 PM
i dont know if it is open but i heard the owner is now selling his fish
i think they should reopen :)

Bigg A
07-15-2008, 12:38 PM
I think its stillwater fishing park now but not really sure. I picked up a flyer and it looks like the same directions ryan and amandas used to have.

BIG_ONE
07-15-2008, 12:51 PM
i was looking on the website for stillwater and WOW!!!!! its EXPENSIVE!!! i gotta email them to clearify the price, its dead EXPENSIVE!!!

well, i don't see a copy right on this site so im going to post it on here

http://www.stillwaterfishing.net/pricing.html

just check out those prices!!!! :o :o :o ;D >:(

Bigg A
07-15-2008, 05:18 PM
I drove over there earlier and its not the same directions i thought it was. Its only 10mins from me. I forgot that there only open on sat & sun.And yes!!! They are ridiculous on prices but I might take my son. Maybe??? ::)

BIG_ONE
07-15-2008, 05:20 PM
So its not ryan & amanda fishing holes? :-/ :-? ;D

fish_feeder32
07-15-2008, 06:46 PM
These guys are fricken crazy. I can take my kids to new hogan lake and catch as many cats as they do, and even some stripers every once and a while. All for the grand price of $ 5.00 and that is just for anchovies and chicken livers. That is because I only live 1 mile from hogan. But there is many places in northern california to catch big numbers of cat fish and with quality size to. When I lived in gardnerville nevada there was a trout, bass, cat fish, and crappie ranch on johnson lane. And guess what they went out of business, for charging the same outrageous prices that this still water fishing place charges.

BIG_ONE
07-16-2008, 03:22 AM
ahaha thats funny, sounded like its not ryan & amanda fishing holes then :'( i just love it at ryan & amanda for some reason, maybe the action is too wild, don't even have to cast, when your bait hit the surface and there goes a fish ;D

garrett_s
07-16-2008, 05:50 AM
i think this place used to be a skiing ranch but they turned into a fishing pond. :)

Sacto_Fishman
07-17-2008, 02:07 AM
Ryan and Amandas is closed. Stillwater Ranch is closeby. Their website is *stillwaterfishing.net. Three small catfish ponds. They have changed their pricing a couple of times. It says its $8 to fish and $5.95 a pound to keep em. Really not worth it. One three pound cat would cost you around $26. Gets expensive fast. Its supposed to be $50 to catch and release, which is what Ryan and Amanda used to charge. But there are coupons for $4 admission and $25 for catch and release. You arent able to print them so just tell them you saw them on the site and you will get the discount. Call and talk to Austin, the manager nicely and you may get the admission waved, and just pay the $25. They want you to use barbless hooks only. Almost any bait will work. Oh, and the water skiing lake is next door.

garrett_s
07-17-2008, 05:56 AM
the waterskiing lake had some catfish pushing 20lbs :o
No joke

BIG_ONE
07-17-2008, 09:34 AM
i still wonder why they close ryan & amanda fishing holes in the first place, this fishing hole is considered my favorite fishing ranch :'(

sacfishinfool
07-17-2008, 09:53 AM
Hey Sacto Fishman, the catch and release fee of 25 bucks is that per person, or vehicle?? :question

Sacto_Fishman
07-17-2008, 08:33 PM
Hey Sacfishinfool, Its $25 per person. Vehicles dont fish!!! :D lol

BIG_ONE
07-17-2008, 09:18 PM
pretty expensive, i can use those money and catch some good ones for dinner instead of releasing. Or, i can use them for gas to go fish somewhere ;D

Bigg A
07-17-2008, 10:42 PM
i still wonder why they close ryan & amanda fishing holes in the first place, this fishing hole is considered my favorite fishing ranch :'(

The guy that worked there told me that people were caught sneeking in and even when people would pay, they would turn around and fish the raceways furthest away from the little booth where you pay and load catfish and bass into their coolers inside there car!!! The guy told me that he would check people and wonder why it was takin them so long to fill up there bucket, since basically you can throw anything out there and they hit immediately. The guy started checking coolers and car trunks, and that right there can spoil it for everybody. I use to take my son there and he would have a blast and then my buddy started coming once he found out how good the catfish tasted.

BIG_ONE
07-17-2008, 11:01 PM
OMG...another ruined best fishing spot...*sigh* :'( by any chance are they going to open again?

BIG_ONE
07-18-2008, 11:11 AM
well they should make a parking lot for cars that seperate it from the ponds so no one can steal :'(