PDA

View Full Version : Pardee

Jam
09-30-2017, 08:30 AM
Hey fishers,

Heading to Lake Pardee tomorrow and renting a boat. Never fished here before. Has anyone fished here recently? I will be targeting trout and catfish mostly. It's going to be my second time driving a boat so wish me luck lol.

Waterdog
09-30-2017, 11:16 AM
Jam, I only fished Pardee once this year and that was back in May so I have no recent info. However in general you will find trout at the low elevation lakes down deep until the water temperatures drop significantly. To troll 40íor 50í or deeper you will need either downriggers or leadcore line. Since youíre in a rental Iím assuming you donít have downriggers and maybe not leadcore either.
You may find more success bait fishing for catfish. For me Iíve found the warm months of July, August, and September can be quite productive for catfish. Iíve never targeted catfish at Pardee so I have no first hand knowledge fishing for them there. Iíd suggest typical catfish baits like night crawlers, chicken liver, commercial stink bait etc. Iím sure someone else will chime in with more information than I can give you. Good luck.

Troutbead
10-03-2017, 09:56 PM
Pardee?

Jfitalia
10-04-2017, 09:51 AM
Pardee?

Are you asking a question?

CAL.NDN
10-04-2017, 06:58 PM
JAM IS A LADY.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Jam
10-05-2017, 07:53 AM
Are you asking a question?

I sure was waterdog did a great job of answering it. Thanks WD I did okay no trout but a couple good size catfish.

Jfitalia
10-05-2017, 08:16 AM
I sure was waterdog did a great job of answering it. Thanks WD I did okay no trout but a couple good size catfish.

Again i didn't quote your post, i was talking to troutbead. Hence why I quoted his post.

CRABBY
10-05-2017, 12:53 PM
JAM IS A LADY.

Sent from my SM-G928V using TapatalkNothing sweeter than a Lady that can fish.........

CRABBY
10-05-2017, 12:57 PM
Agayn u didn't quote your post, ideas talking to troutbeard. Hence why I quoting his post.It wasn't Troutbeard stupid it was Troutbead,big differance....An quit being your usual pain in the butt self....:iagree:

Jfitalia
10-05-2017, 01:33 PM
It wasn't Troutbeard stupid it was Troutbead,big differance....An quit being your usual pain in the butt self....:iagree:

Bead beard who cares you old fart. I'm surprised you can even read that small type

mikeandkristy
10-05-2017, 05:59 PM
Jam, I only fished Pardee once this year and that was back in May so I have no recent info. However in general you will find trout at the low elevation lakes down deep until the water temperatures drop significantly. To troll 40íor 50í or deeper you will need either downriggers or leadcore line. Since youíre in a rental Iím assuming you donít have downriggers and maybe not leadcore either.
You may find more success bait fishing for catfish. For me Iíve found the warm months of July, August, and September can be quite productive for catfish. Iíve never targeted catfish at Pardee so I have no first hand knowledge fishing for them there. Iíd suggest typical catfish baits like night crawlers, chicken liver, commercial stink bait etc. Iím sure someone else will chime in with more information than I can give you. Good luck.
Hi Jamilla! Bait-fish from shore directly across from the boat ramp for trout. My buddies kill it there. You might find cats in the coves around the lake. If you go up the river arm to the second floating bathroom, Mike and I caught and released almost 70 trout there in one day with our friends a few years back. Also since you don't have downriggers try top lining early in the morning when the water is it's coolest. Good luck!
Kristy.