PDA

View Full Version : Any cats at Rollins?

Freshwater_J
07-10-2008, 08:40 AM
Good morning folks.
I was wondering if there were any good reports for cats in Rollins lake? I will be heading up Sunday for a few days and any info would be greatly appriciated! Spots? Baits? Anything! thanks guys!

underdog63
07-10-2008, 02:33 PM
i here tell that catfishing at rollins is good in the evening/nights once the boats start leaving the water...especially around the marinas. don't miss out on the smallies off the rocks either.

Freshwater_J
07-10-2008, 10:38 PM
Hey thanks for the info UNderdog! I am for sure goin to try my luck in the evenings, and also shoot for anything with gills! I will be back with a full report!

striperkid
07-10-2008, 10:57 PM
this time last year i was fishing at rollins at night at the docks where we camped we used sumbersible lights and had all kinds of fish show up on the depth finder around us...landed 2 big cats to 8 pounds on sardines but i think a different bait may have worked better maybe nightcrawlers or crawdad tails...minnows are illegal tp use there and that really sucked as im willing to bet some of the fish were probably crappie...i think the key is to get there ealry evening around 6 or 7 subermisible lights are a huge plus if u dont have them..and stay in the same spot and let the fish come around at first they may not hit but when they get comfortable the bite gets going...

also bring a large array of baits to try cuz i know the fish around us were big cats and we got two on sardines maybe they were in the mood for something else...try the store packaged dough get some clams and chicken livers try everything and go to any marine or docks and fish in 10-20 feet of water...and i cant stress the use of subermisble lights enough all the fish in the area will be around you

JohnB
07-11-2008, 10:42 AM
I used to go bellow the dam and do really good on trout this time of year big hold overs, and a lot of good sised browns as well.

I also have cought a lot of cat's in the lake at night.

Freshwater_J
07-12-2008, 12:56 PM
Thanks folks! I will let ya know how I did, an hopefully have some braggin rights! haha :D Wish me luck, and FISH ON!

fishn4me
07-14-2008, 10:05 PM
I just spent four days at the Pennisula Campground and caught lots of cats. The biggest was well over seven pounds. Forgot the camera and cell phones doen't take good pics at night. I caught them on liver and night crawlers. I was fishing right off of the dock at the launch ramp during the nights. Great action and all were returned to the water to catch another day.