PDA

View Full Version : Reporting your harvest

Grncrestliner
11-05-2017, 04:15 AM
For those of you that reported on line did you provide the GPS coordinates? I provided the normal written description and then played around with the map. I clicked on the location to indicate where I shot the deer then decided to move it a little but I could not figure out how to adjust the pin on the map. Oh well it was really close already so no big deal. Second tag was really easy since I only harvested one deer. The info on tag number and the GPS stuff is all new this year. I wonder how accurate guys will be with the map and the GPS info???? For me this year it was an experiment and where I hunt is already so crowded I don't think it is a secret location.
I think the more complicated they make the reporting procedure the less info guys are going to provide. I am sure there are some who would rather pay the fine for not reporting than give up too much info.

QueenAnnesRevenge
11-05-2017, 09:09 AM
For those of you that reported on line did you provide the GPS coordinates? I provided the normal written description and then played around with the map. I clicked on the location to indicate where I shot the deer then decided to move it a little but I could not figure out how to adjust the pin on the map. Oh well it was really close already so no big deal. Second tag was really easy since I only harvested one deer. The info on tag number and the GPS stuff is all new this year. I wonder how accurate guys will be with the map and the GPS info???? For me this year it was an experiment and where I hunt is already so crowded I don't think it is a secret location.
I think the more complicated they make the reporting procedure the less info guys are going to provide. I am sure there are some who would rather pay the fine for not reporting than give up too much info.I used the GPS coordinates for the nearest landmark.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

BigUnInDaBoat
11-05-2017, 09:19 AM
I think the more complicated they make the reporting procedure the less info guys are going to provide. I am sure there are some who would rather pay the fine for not reporting than give up too much info.

Yea maybe the nearest landmark but I am not going to give GPS of the actual kill site, can you imagine that info being hacked and released? You'd have dudes in your honeyholes by the dozens

QueenAnnesRevenge
11-05-2017, 09:52 AM
Yea maybe the nearest landmark but I am not going to give GPS of the actual kill site, can you imagine that info being hacked and released? You'd have dudes in your honeyholes by the dozensOnx maps already had this happen.
I saw more guys in the back country this year than ever before. Some canyons I'd never seen another human had a gang of hunters in it. Also, twice i had a drone fly over...recon??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk