PDA

View Full Version : Bank Fishing for Cats on Clear Lake.... help?

CraigV
07-04-2008, 02:35 AM
Me and two fishing buddies have been talking about it for years about making the trip to Clear Lake for a day and night to get in on some hopefully decent catfishing from the shorelines...we have decided that day has come and will make our trip on Sunday day, and fish thru the night till morning, and maybe get some bass fishing in here and there with Senkos are other lures.

I understand the south end of the lake is better right now for catfishing and have done our research for the baits of choice, what we need is some suggestions on open areas we can easily access from the banks.

WHERE ARE GOOD SPOTS TO FISH FROM THE BANK OR ANY PUBLIC DOCKS (THAT CAN FISH FROM), WHERE THE THREE OF US CAN SET UP SHOP FOR THE DAY??

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

striperkid
07-04-2008, 05:36 AM
well get a map if you dont have one...and i would suggest trying out RODMAN SLOUGH i have seen alot of BIG cats while carp shooting in that area especialy close to the shore this time of year... you can park right off the road and theres a few places in there to get at use something bloody either cutbaits or chicken livers and really get the scent in the water a 2 rod stamp will help and changing baits often to get as much scent as possible will attract them to your area as they are always in the slough they just have to find your bait...good luck