PDA

View Full Version : Shrimp for bait??

Globetrouter
07-01-2008, 05:59 PM
OK guys...I have used shrimp in the past and have had little or no results (mostly no results 8-)) Is there a preferred type? Cooked ,uncooked, big, small? Scampi,fried, boiled in butter,shrimp gumbo...on and on (I'm hungry now :P) Seriously though, Is there a "best"kind? Grass or super market variety? Cooked or uncooked? I know there is a ton of Cat guys that have the answers. If just one of you would share it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys!

P.S. Any locations where it works well would be great too! Pm's are fine.[smiley=worthy.gif]

shadbuster
07-01-2008, 07:41 PM
I have had pretty good success with store bought shrimp (cooked and uncooked) caught my biggest catfish on it at Turlock reservoir in the inlet. I think anywhere were catfish feed on crayfish shrimp will work well.

BIG_ONE
07-01-2008, 11:24 PM
every shrimp works for cat, they'll eat pretty much almost everything...i don't know about cook, but im sure they prefer raw ;)

UltraFace
07-02-2008, 02:32 AM
shrimp is my preferred bait, ive had more success on shrimp, and it seems to attract bigger cats than chicken liver. uncooked is the way to go. some people also leave them out to stink them up but i dont think i can notice a difference.