PDA

View Full Version : Amador tips needed

fish_4_fun73
11-18-2017, 04:14 PM
Thinking about going to Amador tomorrow a boat. Been a few years since I've been there. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

frasinc
11-18-2017, 07:29 PM
Jackson Creek with mouse tails or crappie jigs, we did well yesterday on the northwest shore between the spillway and Mt Springs using Powerbait in 20' of water. Trollers seemed to be struggling from the ones I talked to and I did not get any that way.

Jfitalia
11-19-2017, 12:53 AM
Save a few bucks and go to camanche. Amador still isnt planting their fish and the ones going in are jusr rainbows they bought for their hatchery last year. They haven't started the lassen plants either.

RHansen95693
11-19-2017, 11:18 AM
I hit it yesterday afternoon for about 4 hours with no results. Beautiful day trolling grubs and Rapalas but nothin. (nor did I see the boats catch anything) The bankers were catching a few along the north shore line.

Troutbead
11-20-2017, 09:26 AM
My tip would be bring lots of money and have low expectations

fish_4_fun73
11-20-2017, 09:48 AM
My tip would be bring lots of money and have low expectations

Lol. That's the truth.

BearDown
11-22-2017, 02:11 PM
I was debating on whether or not to hit it for Thanksgiving, and I think I am just going to try Camanche's pond instead. sadly, Slamador isnt what it used to be...

-BD

CrappieJed
11-22-2017, 05:12 PM
I was debating on whether or not to hit it for Thanksgiving, and I think I am just going to try Camanche's pond instead. sadly, Slamador isnt what it used to be...

-BD
take little drive up to pioneer fish tiger creek reservoir. Panther Martin spinners above the current coming out of the power plant Good action. Nice Browns halfway down the lake with gob of night crawlers. Chances are you have the lake to yourself
Cj

Jfitalia
11-22-2017, 05:47 PM
I hit it yesterday afternoon for about 4 hours with no results. Beautiful day trolling grubs and Rapalas but nothin. (nor did I see the boats catch anything) The bankers were catching a few along the north shore line.

I put over two dozen in the boat last week at Collins. Today landed two and missed another 6 or so