PDA

View Full Version : Folsom Lake - Where are the carp at?

Diego916
06-27-2008, 09:24 AM
Has anyone been out to Folsom lately for carp? If so, how'd you do and where were you at?

Thanks! 8-)

sacfishinfool
06-27-2008, 12:09 PM
Try in Eldorado Hills, off of Salmon Falls Road. There is an access there, I caught a 3 pound carp and got some bites about a month ago.

Diego916
06-29-2008, 09:09 AM
Thanks, I've been meaning to try that area again. It has been years since I've been on that side of the lake. :)

ulukai
06-29-2008, 03:35 PM
Thanks, I've been meaning to try that area again. It has been years since I've been on that side of the lake. :)

You will be in for a surprise. With the water level dropping every day this place looks very different. Its a hike now from the parking to where the water is. Very sloshy/muddy as well.

Diego916
06-30-2008, 09:05 AM

You will be in for a surprise. *With the water level dropping every day this place looks very different. Its a hike now from the parking to where the water is. Very sloshy/muddy as well.

If you know of a better spot, I C&R everything I catch and don't leave any trash behind (and I know how to keep a secret ;)). PM me if you are feeling the vibe :)

supraman
06-30-2008, 02:23 PM
I've seen several large carps at Brown's ravine near the boat docks. give it a shot.