PDA

View Full Version : collind fest

okie
12-02-2017, 06:20 PM
crabby, whe are they planning on another Collins fest, the one I attended years ago was a lot of fun,
except when the one man got the fishhook in his thumb, cant remember who it was, we put a plastic
bottle cap over it so he could stay and fish, and someone ate my tuna sandwich fixings that was supposed
to be for my lunch. if they plan another, i'll try to make it down there.
be safe

fish_junky
12-02-2017, 09:05 PM
Very interested. I'd be for sure in for a Collins lake Fest.

CDK
12-02-2017, 10:25 PM
:jasper::goodidea4gq: ME TOO.

CrappieJed
12-02-2017, 10:27 PM
crabby, whe are they planning on another Collins fest, the one I attended years ago was a lot of fun,
except when the one man got the fishhook in his thumb, cant remember who it was, we put a plastic
bottle cap over it so he could stay and fish, and someone ate my tuna sandwich fixings that was supposed
to be for my lunch. if they plan another, i'll try to make it down there.
be safe
Ok ok Linesides I were hungry...I will bring extra tuna lol
okie I remember you doing triage on that young man I think you saved him lot time but that had to hurt. I was fishing pyramid lake and I got hook stuck right in my finger to the bone. They had a Indian doctor there but it was real bad I did appreciate his help but I had go to a hospital in Carson. I wish you were with me that day okie you may have saved me lot time and money.

CRABBY
12-03-2017, 04:24 AM
No collins fest is planned as of this minute but someone could try an put one together.The guy with the hook in his thumb was James (King James) he lived up in this area,he went to the hospital after he left an they cut the hook out,the Doc an nurses loved my bottle cap idea,also it got me a lot of work from the hospital which was across the street,lol...CJ ate your tuna an all my shrimp----that man is a FOOD VACUME !!!!Oh almost forgot James got the hook in him when he caught that 5lb brown trout an was unhooking it an the last revenge shake got him....:jumping-smiley-011:

Trout Tracker
12-03-2017, 04:51 AM
If i'm remembering right that was 1 of 3 fests
or get togethers that happened at Collins.
Some of us camped and others were their for
just the day.
YES King James did get a hook in his finger and
Don Then Smog Guy came to the rescue
with the bottle cap idea.
Then there was the guy who had a trunk full
of mainly rapala lures but didn't fish,i won't
ever forget that one.
Got to meet and put a lot of faces to names that
weekend.
I'm all for a Collins lake fest if it
ever happens.
I will be looking forward to okies shrimp.

hooks
12-03-2017, 07:26 AM
What is the "bottle cap idea"?

Waterdog
12-03-2017, 07:46 AM
Iím all in for a Collins Fest in 2018. If someone wants to take the lead and plan it Iíd be happy to assist however I can. I tried to get a delta fest together earlier this year but couldnít get enough absolute commitment to make it happen. Maybe a Collins Fest will be different. Letís do it.

CrappieJed
12-03-2017, 07:55 AM
No collins fest is planned as of this minute but someone could try an put one together.The guy with the hook in his thumb was James (King James) he lived up in this area,he went to the hospital after he left an they cut the hook out,the Doc an nurses loved my bottle cap idea,also it got me a lot of work from the hospital which was across the street,lol...CJ ate your tuna an all my shrimp----that man is a FOOD VACUME !!!!Oh almost forgot James got the hook in him when he caught that 5lb brown trout an was unhooking it an the last revenge shake got him....:jumping-smiley-011:
thats exactly how I got the hook in my finger reached over the boat to release pyramid trout. I was trying get the hook out of its mouth that the lure had 3 sets of trebles. The fish jerked away so hard that the hooked buried in my finger bone and ripped out of the fishís mouth. Freaking painful. That was 21 years ago. To this day I have a Boga fish gripper and long needle nose pliers, that will never happen again.
Don you still have your big travel trailer?
You had the best fishing boat crest liner, I know you sold it. You had some great instruments in the boat too.

CrappieJed
12-03-2017, 08:04 AM
Iím all in for a Collins Fest in 2018. If someone wants to take the lead and plan it Iíd be happy to assist however I can. I tried to get a delta fest together earlier this year but couldnít get enough absolute commitment to make it happen. Maybe a Collins Fest will be different. Letís do it.
If it happens I like team up with you. Your boat probably has bigger motor then mine to get across that huge lake. If you bring your boat I will supply the camping gear and the food.
That would be fun, okie, Don trout tracker, fish junky and others hopefully will come be good get together again. I warn you though hope you have good ribs because your going bust a few laughing hard lol

Jfitalia
12-03-2017, 08:27 AM
I'd be in for a Collins fest pending the date

okie
12-03-2017, 08:38 AM
What is the "bottle cap idea"?

we couldn't get the hook out of his thumb, so we cut it off about 1/4" from his skin, put a
plastic water bottle cap over the part sticking out so he could stay for the potluck and still
fish until he left for home.
be safe

hooks
12-03-2017, 08:40 AM
we couldn't get the hook out of his thumb, so we cut it off about 1/4" from his skin, put a
plastic water bottle cap over the part sticking out so he could stay for the potluck and still
be safe

​Thanks Bill.

Waterdog
12-03-2017, 08:53 AM
Hey Jed Iíd definitely bring my boat. Thereís a spot for you already reserved. I need a new fish finder but that is easily to get before a Fest. All we need is someone to step up and put it together. I am hesitant to do so myself since the Delta thing didnít get off the ground. Iím thinking maybe there is more interest in a Collins fest. So whoís the Man (or Woman) to volunteer to put it together? I would be happy to be a co organizer.

CRABBY
12-03-2017, 09:42 AM
be safeThis is just one use of the cap idea,you should have many size caps/lids to accommodate diff.wounds all the cap does is keep away any contact to the injury,in this case the part of the shank we left for the docs to grab,had a hard time finding a cap deep enough for James though,lol.

iln143
12-03-2017, 12:21 PM
Depending on the dates I would make the run down for the fest. I am pretty new to the site and would love to put some faces to the names.

redneckpunk
12-03-2017, 02:55 PM
Depending on the dates I would make the run down for the fest. I am pretty new to the site and would love to put some faces to the names.

Careful what you wish for, thereís a reason these guys donít post pics of themselves. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CRABBY
12-03-2017, 07:22 PM
Depending on the dates I would make the run down for the fest. I am pretty new to the site and would love to put some faces to the names.HA !!!Just go to the Post Office most of our pics are there......:yahoo:

Jfitalia
12-03-2017, 08:46 PM
Hey Jed Iíd definitely bring my boat. Thereís a spot for you already reserved. I need a new fish finder but that is easily to get before a Fest. All we need is someone to step up and put it together. I am hesitant to do so myself since the Delta thing didnít get off the ground. Iím thinking maybe there is more interest in a Collins fest. So whoís the Man (or Woman) to volunteer to put it together? I would be happy to be a co organizer.

Not it

Trout Tracker
12-05-2017, 04:44 AM
I know that the weather has a lot to do with getting
a festoff the ground.
Not to cold,not to hot and good fishing.
I do know that next year i'm off to Coos,bay
the 15th of May for 2 weeks.
I would say possibly April or early May
of next year.

Waterdog
12-05-2017, 10:03 AM
April or May are perfect times for a Fest. Now if only someone wants to step up and take the lead. I havenít been to Collins in 20+ years. Someone who knows about Collins and places to camp should organize this. I know RNP spends time at Collins, just sayin.

iln143
12-05-2017, 10:18 AM
Just make sure its not to close to Pyramid Fest and I am in.

CRABBY
12-05-2017, 01:59 PM
The most productive fest we ever had there was set up by GoodBaitGirl,she doesn't post much anymore but her lousy half, Fishbucket lurks here an there an could ask her.Just a thought.
Now the next best person would be AMPM he goes to Collins a lot an knows it well + his daughter Sabrina could help him as shes a much better fishermen.JMO.....:redface:

ampm
12-05-2017, 02:09 PM
The most productive fest we ever had there was set up by GoodBaitGirl,she doesn't post much anymore but her lousy half, Fishbucket lurks here an there an could ask her.Just a thought.
Now the next best person would be AMPM he goes to Collins a lot an knows it well + his daughter Sabrina could help him as shes a much better fishermen.JMO.....:redface:

You old fart, Sabrina can out fish you any day! I am down for a Collins fest but why would she want to hang around a bunch of old broke-d*ck dudes that smell like fish.

Grncrestliner
12-05-2017, 02:42 PM
"I am down for a Collins fest"

That sounds like ampm is volunteering to help organize the fest. If I lived closer I might be interested but for me the drive is just too far.

CrappieJed
12-05-2017, 02:50 PM
I brought my smoker and killer liquid brine recipe to the fest when Dr smogguy and Dr okie worked on the hook in the finger. One of the guys caught a lot rainbows the first day And I smoked them the second day. Wish I could remember who it was. I thought it was trout tracker. He caught bunch fish

okie
12-05-2017, 04:17 PM
You old fart, Sabrina can out fish you any day! I am down for a Collins fest but why would she want to hang around a bunch of old broke-d*ck dudes that smell like fish.

she could hang around with me cause I don't smell like fish.
be safe

Jfitalia
12-05-2017, 04:20 PM
"I am down for a Collins fest"

That sounds like ampm is volunteering to help organize the fest. If I lived closer I might be interested but for me the drive is just too far.

Ha yeah that sure sounded like he volunteered.

It should be before they open the lake to lake lice

CRABBY
12-05-2017, 04:41 PM
Forget it.censored post.

AnglingWes
12-05-2017, 04:50 PM
Iím in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CrappieJed
12-05-2017, 05:05 PM
she could hang around with me cause I don't smell like fish.
be safe
Thatís why I like hanging around with you...you have that smell of Korean Asian BBQ ribs, meatballs, spicy shrimp 🦐

Grncrestliner
12-05-2017, 06:01 PM
Water skiers start on May 1st. That is also when it gets a little more crowded. They open the net pens in March and that adds lots of 2+ pound fish. The fishing is usually pretty decent until May or even later. For fishing I would go in April. I personally prefer the colder months for trout but it might rain.

monkey916
12-05-2017, 06:15 PM
Grn and ampm want you to go in May...Cause they already caught all the fish in April LoL... Yeah and thanks for volunteering Kirby[emoji39]

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

PMR#9
12-05-2017, 06:48 PM
Dang it is nice to have every one playing nice . Fish are biting lets get to it .

Trout Tracker
12-06-2017, 01:57 AM
It was fish bucket that caught the mess of fish.
Since the lake opens to water skiers may first
Some time in the month of April might
be best????????

Jfitalia
12-06-2017, 09:11 AM
So when is Kirby going to get on this? Hahaha

CrappieJed
12-06-2017, 07:31 PM
It was fish bucket that caught the mess of fish.
Since the lake opens to water skiers may first
Some time in the month of April might
be best????????
I sure thought it was you, maybe we can pull fishbucket out of north Carlina for vacation come to Collins...how about it bucket been long time?

fish_junky
12-07-2017, 10:31 AM
Thatís why I like hanging around with you...you have that smell of Korean Asian BBQ ribs, meatballs, spicy shrimp 🦐

Hay don't leave out his Famous chocolate cake. :)

Waterdog
12-07-2017, 10:56 AM
So is the Collins fest happening???

ampm
12-07-2017, 11:26 AM
Green Crestliner told me everyone can park at his place down the road, he has plenty of room there. And he probably has softer toilet paper than they do up at the lake.

:shotsgk1::shotsgk1::shotsgk1::shotsgk1::shotsgk1:

ampm
12-07-2017, 12:00 PM
Why collins? There's no fish in that lake.

CRABBY
12-07-2017, 12:41 PM
So is the Collins fest happening???Most likely not, just an educated guess.......:action-smiley-077:

bigfin
12-07-2017, 01:17 PM
Why collins? There's no fish in that lake.

Exactly!!!! Hope the Fish don't bother us . :party:

ampm
12-07-2017, 01:43 PM
If a bunch of people want to fish Collins all at the same time who am I to say no? Just show up and start fishing, or...er...doing whatever it is you do at the lake.
How about April 1st?? LOL!!
sheet, I don't even have a 2018 calendar yet..

monkey916
12-07-2017, 02:31 PM
It's called a smart phone Kirby... It has a 2018 calendar LoL...

ampm
12-07-2017, 02:51 PM
It's called a smart phone Kirby... It has a 2018 calendar LoL...

yeah but my not-so-smart phone doesn't have all the cross out dates that my wife is sure to have, mr single guy!

Jfitalia
12-07-2017, 06:05 PM
Green Crestliner told me everyone can park at his place down the road, he has plenty of room there. And he probably has softer toilet paper than they do up at the lake.

:shotsgk1::shotsgk1::shotsgk1::shotsgk1::shotsgk1:

We can all meet in Marysville and caravan to his place. He especially loves it when when honk your horn all the way down his dirt road

ampm
12-07-2017, 06:27 PM
[QUOTE=Jfitalia;1139327]We can all meet in Marysville and caravan to his place. He especially loves it when when honk your horn all the way down his dirt road[/QUOT
LOL !!

Grncrestliner
12-07-2017, 07:29 PM
So is the Collins fest happening???

My best guess, there is less than a 50% chance of there being an organized event. Most of us on the forums do not want to be the one to get things organized. I think there could be enough interest in an event but it just won't happen without someone who is patient and who wants to put the time in that will be needed to make the necessary arrangements. The people who organized the prior events at Collins are no longer around. And no I am not an organizer I am just a grumpy old fisherman.
I might attend if there was an event but I probably would not camp there.

Jfitalia
12-07-2017, 07:31 PM
My best guess, there is less than a 50% chance of there being an organized event. Most of us on the forums do not want to be the one to get things organized. I think there could be enough interest in an event but it just won't happen without someone who is patient and who wants to put the time in that will be needed to make the necessary arrangements. The people who organized the prior events at Collins are no longer around. And no I am not an organizer I am just a grumpy old fisherman.
I might attend if there was an event but I probably would not camp there.

I'll camp in your driveway

Grncrestliner
12-07-2017, 07:40 PM
I'll camp in your driveway

You might not get any sleep, I understand Crabby snores really loud and he already reserved that spot. Who knows though maybe you could bunk with him.

CrappieJed
12-07-2017, 08:56 PM
How is the pyramid fest organized is that done by an individual or no, because you just camp on the shore. You just show up and hopefully okie is there so the food is great.

fish_junky
12-07-2017, 09:04 PM
A lot of the people that use to organized the Pyramid fest don't post anymore like Chickfishing and Big B. It was decided a few years ago that both the Spring fest and Fall Pyramid fest would always fall on the 2nd weekend in April and the 2 nd weekend in October. I think most us regulars that attend both Fests just remember those dates and depending on weather we just show up.

okie
12-07-2017, 09:44 PM
A lot of the people that use to organized the Pyramid fest don't post anymore like Chickfishing and Big B. It was decided a few years ago that both the Spring fest and Fall Pyramid fest would always fall on the 2nd weekend in April and the 2 nd weekend in October. I think most us regulars that attend both Fests just remember those dates and depending on weather we just show up.

a lot of sniffers left for the other site, chick still comes to the fests, haven't seen bib b
in a long time. the reason they? decided tohave the pmid fests on the 2nd full weekend
of april and oct is because a lot of people have toplan their vactions.
at least that's what I was told.

be safe

fish_junky
12-07-2017, 10:29 PM
a lot of sniffers left for the other site, chick still comes to the fests, haven't seen bib b
in a long time. the reason they? decided tohave the pmid fests on the 2nd full weekend
of april and oct is because a lot of people have toplan their vactions.
at least that's what I was told.

be safe

Dang I never seen Chick last October unless she just dropped by and left. :( She normally stays for a couple days.

If this Collins lake fest happens. Fingers crossed ;) and you need a ride I'd love to have you aboard my boat
Okie. :jumping-smiley-011:

bigfin
12-07-2017, 10:47 PM
Dang I never seen Chick last October unless she just dropped by and left. :( She normally stays for a couple days.

If this Collins lake fest happens. Fingers crossed ;) and you need a ride I'd love to have you aboard my boat

Didn't your parents tell you its not safe to pickup hitchhikers ?? Especially that one , ever heard of Lmao disease ? "Be Safe" :)

okie
12-08-2017, 12:05 AM

appreciate that. we'll see
be safe

Waterdog
12-08-2017, 07:25 AM
It appears that there is a lot of interest in a Collins Fest. So this may happen. I donít think organizing it would be a big deal. You just need someone to be in charge of a Fest thread and that person has to generally organize a few things similar to the way the Pyramid Fest goes.
Im not yet ready to volunteer but Iím going to ask 2 questions and go from there.
First as far as dates what do you all think about the weekend of April 28? Thatís 2 weeks after the Pyramid Fest so it wonít conflict with that fest and as I understand the lake lice arenít yet out there?
Second who knows of a camp ground there we could use?

iln143
12-08-2017, 08:50 AM
I think Waterdog has taken the bait. That date works for me. I might even be able to talk Okie and Hooks into going. I cant comment on a campground because I have never been to the lake.

PapaGreg
12-08-2017, 05:11 PM
Maybe get some input from Collins "regulars"? They could give info on camp areas, etc.

Grncrestliner
12-08-2017, 06:45 PM
Collins Lake website has all the info you need to think about where you would camp and how much you are willing to pay. They have maps showing everything. The prices start at $35 per night for open area camping and go to $65 per night for full hook ups for your RV. Cabins are around $225 per night. How would any one person arrange for a group of campsites to fit everyone's budget??? If a group of Sniffers decide to go to Collins on any given weekend and they call and make reservations for themselves then you could get together and have a nice meal and maybe even some friendly banter about fishing. I really don't see how one or two members here are going to take charge, arrange and pay for campsites and then "HOPE" enough people show up to make it work out. If on the other hand 5 members call up and reserve a campsite for the same weekend then you have a start. My suggestion is for a bunch of members to just plan on the open camping area on a date and go. If you are one who makes a more expensive reservation and only 3 people show, well you can have a pleasant weekend of fishing and camping and that isn't bad.
Like I said I am not an organizer so maybe I am missing something but the organizer really can't make people go camping and show up. I have no idea how the prior organizers got sites reserved and then arranged for everyone to pay their own way. I don't camp there but I do fish there.

Jfitalia
12-08-2017, 07:58 PM
Collins Lake website has all the info you need to think about where you would camp and how much you are willing to pay. They have maps showing everything. The prices start at $35 per night for open area camping and go to $65 per night for full hook ups for your RV. Cabins are around $225 per night. How would any one person arrange for a group of campsites to fit everyone's budget??? If a group of Sniffers decide to go to Collins on any given weekend and they call and make reservations for themselves then you could get together and have a nice meal and maybe even some friendly banter about fishing. I really don't see how one or two members here are going to take charge, arrange and pay for campsites and then "HOPE" enough people show up to make it work out. If on the other hand 5 members call up and reserve a campsite for the same weekend then you have a start. My suggestion is for a bunch of members to just plan on the open camping area on a date and go. If you are one who makes a more expensive reservation and only 3 people show, well you can have a pleasant weekend of fishing and camping and that isn't bad.
Like I said I am not an organizer so maybe I am missing something but the organizer really can't make people go camping and show up. I have no idea how the prior organizers got sites reserved and then arranged for everyone to pay their own way. I don't camp there but I do fish there.

Man that sure is a lot of info from someone who doesn't want to organize it.... hahahaha

Trout Tracker
12-10-2017, 05:23 AM
Seems like a lot of people are interested and
want to do this fest at Collins.I for
one am in for it.
I know that the last few fests at Collins we were all
scatterd thru out the camp ground but found a
common place to hang out at some ones camp spot.
We all did the pot luck thing and things turned out great.
If this gets off the ground I plan on making it a 4-5 day
thing cause I've got vacation time to burn.
If the weather is good The early part of April
is good for me.I still tent camp and try to get
space 79.

bigfin
12-10-2017, 11:08 AM
Yep I'm In , heck they have those group picnic areas for a potluck . Tightlines BF