PDA

View Full Version : Early Winter Trout Fishing @ Ice House Reservoir with The EastBayAnglers

fishmaster20200
12-06-2017, 06:31 PM
Decided to take a drive to Ice House Reservoir the weather was Horrilbe with Heavy Rain on & off, & a chill in the air. I had not had very successful trips here the last few times out but i kept my hopes up. Rain, Wind, & Cold Water were all to be expected. I Covered many miles of shoreline before coming across a very productive spot. I proceded to catch & Release 6 Trout, then later i Caught 2 that were hooked badly & were not gonna make it so i kept those. These fish are much more active at the moment but the weather is not pleaseant & the Road's are not very safe this time of year.

-The EastBayanglers-

Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMWzfWan6vI

CrappieJed
12-06-2017, 07:37 PM
I know the Brown trout fishing for the big boys and girls is tough in that lake.

Owlman2
12-06-2017, 07:40 PM
I've skunked so many times there chasing browns, it's not even on my list anymore. Haven't been in years.

fishmaster20200
12-07-2017, 02:39 AM
I know the Brown trout fishing for the big boys and girls is tough in that lake.

I agree it's tough to get those browns at Ice House, and even harder going for big brown's. Still i try from time to time it's not to far from my house. This summer was brutal for the people i talked to that were fishing IHR both from the bank and fishing on the boat.

fishmaster20200
12-07-2017, 02:51 AM
I've skunked so many times there chasing browns, it's not even on my list anymore. Haven't been in years.

There are better places to catch good brown's, this is not far from me. I did hear a story last month about someone hooking into a good fish and it chewed up his line & was gone. He was on a Boat, and said he fishes there somewhat regularly and Rarely hook's into Brown's. I remember many Year's ago catching Brown's at IHR off the Bank in the summer was not uncommon, in the fall it was even better. Still the memories at that place, so many good year's.

fishrman4life1957
12-07-2017, 04:31 AM
I was up there last month and caught 2 from the bank and they had so much lice on them threw them back !

fishmaster20200
12-11-2017, 03:33 AM
I was up there last month and caught 2 from the bank and they had so much lice on them threw them back !

I did not see any lice, then again not something i was looking for. Is this a Seasonal thing or has there been a lice epidemic at ice house?