PDA

View Full Version : Lake Comanche December 9th

KERPOW
12-09-2017, 04:09 PM
I fished Comanche solo today starting with trolling grubs for a couple hours for nothing. Then I switched to Speedy Shiners. I ended up catching four trout up to 18 in, and a couple of smaller Bass. I spent the last 2 hours trying to get the fifth trout for a limit, but nothing would bite.
I released all of the fish. I already have plenty of fish in the freezer. It was a little chilly this morning and ended up being a very nice day out of water.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171210/4e97f482621803145f95687b3b868830.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171210/a45936b7bf07db89b387ce2a557bda10.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Waterdog
12-09-2017, 04:47 PM
Wow! Nice report, nice fish, nice day. Speedy shiners are my go to trout lure. Ever since I learned about speedy shiners from Robbie they have been killer lures.

G-Man
12-09-2017, 04:50 PM
Nice trout . How deep ?

QueenAnnesRevenge
12-09-2017, 05:22 PM
Wow a triple on speedy shiners, nice job getting them all in

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

KERPOW
12-09-2017, 05:38 PM
Nice trout . How deep ?The trout all came using just a 1/4 oz keel weight running maybe 8 to 12 feet down. All of the trout came on the same lure and rod... gold and red Speedy Shiner.
I tried to use the downriggers at all different depths, but all I could catch on the downriggers was bass at about 30 feet in 60-70 feet of water. The bass came on Speedy Shiners too, but purple and white color.

KERPOW
12-09-2017, 05:44 PM
Wow a triple on speedy shiners, nice job getting them all in

Sent from my SM-G892A using TapatalkHa, I wish I had a triple, but then DFW might have something to say about how I managed to do that fishing solo.
They were all caught individually. Those three were fish that I had put in the live well with intention of keeping, but then changed my mind, so I had to scoop them up out of the live well to release them.

bigfin
12-09-2017, 07:19 PM
Beautiful Fish . Too bad about the dreaded Devil Fish (5th) sometimes I will throw the first one back and then its either a skunk day or the Devil Fish Day:bananadevil:Nice looking fish though good color . Tightlines BF

firetrout
12-10-2017, 09:08 AM
Check the regulations!!!!
You can not keep trout live in the fish well, unlike bass.

KERPOW
12-10-2017, 10:30 AM
You can not keep trout live in the fish well, unlike bass.Well, I didn't know that. Thanks!

mark seaters
12-10-2017, 06:23 PM
You can not keep trout live in the fish well, unlike bass.

Could you please attach the link to this info... I searched and searched but could not find anything that says you can not keep fish alive in a live well while "on the water"..and nothing that says you have to kill once landed..

I did find how ever that you "can not" TRANSPORT any fish alive away for the lake............and I do believe you can't transport bass alive either, tournaments that need to transport to weigh site have to get special permit to do so..

This is what I found in the regs..on page 10...(section 4.00 though 4.30 deal with live bait and movement of them)

1.63. Movement of Live Fish. Except as provided in sections 4.00 through 4.30 and 230, live fin fish may not be transported alive from the water where taken.

I think your ok with live well fish Kerpow......... just make sure they are dead before heading down the road......

QueenAnnesRevenge
12-10-2017, 06:40 PM
Could you please attach the link to this info... I searched and searched but could not find anything that says you can not keep fish alive in a live well while "on the water"..and nothing that says you have to kill once landed..

I did find how ever that you "can not" TRANSPORT any fish alive away for the lake............and I do believe you can't transport bass alive either, tournaments that need to transport to weigh site have to get special permit to do so..

This is what I found in the regs..on page 10...(section 4.00 though 4.30 deal with live bait and movement of them)

1.63. Movement of Live Fish. Except as provided in sections 4.00 through 4.30 and 230, live fin fish may not be transported alive from the water where taken.

I think your ok with live well fish Kerpow......... just make sure they are dead before heading down the road......Page 15
Section 4
Ss E (e) No trout may be maintained or possessed in a
live condition in any container on or attached
to any boat

mark seaters
12-14-2017, 08:21 PM
Page 15
Section 4
Ss E (e) No trout may be maintained or possessed in a
live condition in any container on or attached
to any boat

Well page 15 as attached below of the regulations has nothing to this fact and section 4 which is on page 13/14 deals with bait fish... can you attach what you are reading please ?

INDIVIDUAL BODIES OF WATER WITH SPECIAL BLACK BASS REGULATIONS AREA OR BODY OF WATER OPEN SEASON SIZE (TOTAL LENGTH) BAG LIMIT (8) Barrett Lake (San Diego County)� (Also see Section 2�08) All year� No black bass shall be possessed� 0
(9) Big Lake (Shasta County) (Also see Section 7�00(b)(4))�
Last Saturday in Apr� through Nov� 15
12-inch minimum 5
Nov� 16 through last Friday in Apr�
No black bass shall be possessed� 0
(10) Casitas Lake (Ventura County)� All year�
12-inch minimum� No more than one over 22 inches�
(11) Castaic Lake (Los Angeles County)� All year� 15-inch minimum� 5
(12) Cuyamaca Lake (San Diego County)� All year�
No size limit� No smallmouth bass shall be possessed�
(13) Diamond Valley Lake (Riverside County) All year�
Largemouth bass 15-inch minimum� No smallmouth bass shall be possessed
(14) Eastman Lake (Madera and Mariposa Cos�) (Note: See Section 7�50(b) (62) for special area closures)�
All year� 22-inch minimum� 1
(15) El Capitan Reservoir (San Diego County)� All year� 12-inch minimum� 5 Fish Slough (Mono County), except the fenced portions of Fish Slough within Owens Valley Native Fishes Sanctuaries and BLM Spring, which are closed to all fishing all year� All year� No size limit� 5 (16) Hensley Lake (Madera County)� All year� 15-inch minimum� 2 (17) Hodges Lake (San Diego County)� All year� 15-inch minimum� 5 (18) Isabella Lake (Kern County)� All year� 15-inch minimum� 2 (19) Kaweah Reservoir (Tulare County)� All year� 15-inch minimum� 2 (20) Lett’s Lake (Colusa County)� All year� No size limit� 5 (21) Perris Lake (Riverside County) All year� 15-inch minimum� 2 (22) Plaskett Meadows lakes, upper and lower (Glenn County)� All year� No size limit� 5 (23) Shaver Lake (Fresno County)� All year� No size limit� 5 (24) Silverwood Lake (San Bernardino County)� All year� 15-inch minimum� 2 (25) Skinner Lake (Riverside County)� All year� 15-inch minimum� 2 (26) Success Reservoir (Tulare County)� All year� 15-inch minimum� 2
(27) Trinity Lake (Trinity County)�
Mar� 1 through May 31� 12-inch minimum� 2 June 1 through last day in Feb� 12-inch minimum� 5
(28) Trout Lake (Siskiyou County)�
Only weekends and Wednesdays from last Sat� in Apr� through Sept� 30�
22-inch minimum� Only artificial lures may be used�
(29) Upper Otay Lake (San Diego County)� (Also see Section 2�08) All year� No black bass shall be possessed 0
FISHING AND FROGGING IN INLAND WATERS 15
2017-2018 CALIFORNIA FRESHWATER SPORT FISHING REGULATIONS
“one cut and you’re Through™”
High carbon steel with full tang construction Razor sharp serrated blade with non-stick coating Big red no-slip-grip handle with safety guards and trigger grip
7-Inch Tapered FLEX Fillet
SEE THE FULL LINE OF FISHING AND HUNTING KNIVES AT WWW.BUBBABLADE.COM OR ORDER BY PHONE AT 1-844-486-7265
Razor sharp serrated blade
FLEX Fillet
We Provide Hunting Opportunities to Law Enforcement Agents Injured in the Line of Duty.
To Volunteer Or Donate, Please Visit Our Website HuntingForHeroes.org
FISHING AND FROGGING IN INLAND WATERS
5.05. Amphibians

QueenAnnesRevenge
12-14-2017, 09:22 PM
Here you go
Page 13 digital https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171215/d0d6777da12d6d9fd7cedee5edcdd0a0.jpg
Bait section

hooks
12-15-2017, 05:22 AM
Article 3. Bait Regulations for Inland Waters

4.00. Bait-General.

Legally acquired and possessed invertebrates, mollusks, crustaceans, amphibians (except salamanders), fish eggs and treated and processed foods may be used for bait, except:
(a) No species specified as endangered, threatened, candidate, fully-protected, or otherwise protected under state and federal law may be used as bait.
(b) No salamander may be used as bait. See section 5.05 for other amphibians that may be used as bait.
(c) See Section 5.35 for restrictions on crayfish;
(d) See Section 7.50(b)(74) for restriction on bait collecting in Hat Creek;
(e) No trout may be maintained or possessed in a live condition in any container on or attached to any boat;
(f) Except for restrictions listed under special regulations, dead ocean fish may be used as bait statewide. This section supersedes the provisions of sections 4.10, 4.15, 4.20, 4.25 and 4.30.
http://www.eregulations.com/california/fishing/freshwater/fishing-frogging-inland-waters/

Edited to add that I didn't know this until just now.

KERPOW
12-15-2017, 07:51 AM
Thanks for the clarification guys That's just one of the reasons I use this site. The regulations are not always clear, and the forum members have a wealth of information.
Thanks again and good fishing!

mark seaters
12-15-2017, 07:12 PM
Interesting.... thank you... brings the question as to why they have it listed under bait regulations...why not other fish listed ? I guess this would be a good question for Carrie Wilson..

Article 3. Bait Regulations for Inland Waters

4.00. Bait-General.

Legally acquired and possessed invertebrates, mollusks, crustaceans, amphibians (except salamanders), fish eggs and treated and processed foods may be used for bait, except:
(a) No species specified as endangered, threatened, candidate, fully-protected, or otherwise protected under state and federal law may be used as bait.
(b) No salamander may be used as bait. See section 5.05 for other amphibians that may be used as bait.
(c) See Section 5.35 for restrictions on crayfish;
(d) See Section 7.50(b)(74) for restriction on bait collecting in Hat Creek;
(e) No trout may be maintained or possessed in a live condition in any container on or attached to any boat;
(f) Except for restrictions listed under special regulations, dead ocean fish may be used as bait statewide. This section supersedes the provisions of sections 4.10, 4.15, 4.20, 4.25 and 4.30.
http://www.eregulations.com/california/fishing/freshwater/fishing-frogging-inland-waters/

Edited to add that I didn't know this until just now.

retiredagain
12-15-2017, 07:20 PM
Interesting.... thank you... brings the question as to why they have it listed under bait regulations...why not other fish listed ? I guess this would be a good question for Carrie Wilson..

I was told that some striped bass fisherman in some of the lakes would go out and catch some planter bows. They then transported them alive and used them for striped bass bait.

It sounds legit to me, but then what do I know.

RideNfish
12-16-2017, 07:37 PM
Also due to the delicate nature of trout (compared to bass) they don't allow culling of trout like you can do for bass. They don't survive in a live well long even if you saw it swim away it will die later.