PDA

View Full Version : Union Valley

Fishin-on101
12-16-2017, 11:02 PM
Anyone know if Union Valley is accessible with a boat? Would like to take the boat out and troll for some trout. I took a drive out passed stumpy today didnít quite make it to Ice House. Was wondering what it looked like coming in from the 50 side and if you could even launch.
Thanks

thompsonwdavid
12-16-2017, 11:23 PM
No idea might head out that way in the morning Iíll keep ya posted.

Fishin-on101
12-16-2017, 11:27 PM
No idea might head out that way in the morning Iíll keep ya posted.

That would be great!
thanks!

Owlman2
12-17-2017, 06:16 AM
I have always found going to UVR past Stumpy Meadows, the "critical" spot is on Wentworth Springs right before it links with Icehouse Road. There is a spot there that is always shady and the snow tends to pile up. If you can get through there, normally you are OK.

You have a much better chance of getting in if you come in from the other side off of Hwy 50.

fishwrong2
12-17-2017, 09:21 AM
You should be able to get to the dam from US 50. SMUD plows it all the way to the ramp. Road can be very Icey though, so be careful.

Fishin-on101
12-17-2017, 09:58 AM
I have always found going to UVR past Stumpy Meadows, the "critical" spot is on Wentworth Springs right before it links with Icehouse Road. There is a spot there that is always shady and the snow tends to pile up. If you can get through there, normally you are OK.

You have a much better chance of getting in if you come in from the other side off of Hwy 50.

This was the spot where I decided to turn around and not risk it. Itís almost time for some new shoes for the truck. Thatís why I was thinking I can get down the hill but would I be able to get back up. So I called it a day. Ran into US Forest Service law enforcement and DFG on the way back. Was nice to see them out there.
Thanks for everyoneís info.

thompsonwdavid
12-18-2017, 10:47 AM
Yep, I went the backside from Georgetown and got a couple miles from the lake and hit that spot where the road was straight ice and had to turn around. So I kayaked Stumpy trolling Kastmasterís and caught 4 little 14Ē Bows. Had Bald Eagle dive for my trout which was pretty cool to see.

Fishin-on101
12-18-2017, 10:57 AM
Yep, I went the backside from Georgetown and got a couple miles from the lake and hit that spot where the road was straight ice and had to turn around. So I kayaked Stumpy trolling Kastmasterís and caught 4 little 14Ē Bows. Had Bald Eagle dive for my trout which was pretty cool to see.

Thatís awesome! I originally took a drive out there to see what Stumpy looked like. I was going to go on Sunday but work called. Iím thinking of just hooking up the boat and making the 50 drive on Saturday. If I have to turn around then Iíll come back though Georgetown and hit up Stumpy.
I will let you know.
Fish on