PDA

View Full Version : Shasta Lake

Carman
12-23-2017, 07:58 AM
Fished Shasta the last couple of days both at the dam and up the McCloud arm. Iím seeing a constant line of fish between 125-145í deep including bait balls. I know the fish should be up high, but itís hard to ignore all these fish. I dropped one line down to 125í and picked up a nice rainbow and also a bass.

Any ideas on why all the fish are hanging at this depth and should I be targeting them?

My topwater lines arenít producing at all...

QueenAnnesRevenge
12-23-2017, 01:28 PM
Fished Shasta the last couple of days both at the dam and up the McCloud arm. Iím seeing a constant line of fish between 125-145í deep including bait balls. I know the fish should be up high, but itís hard to ignore all these fish. I dropped one line down to 125í and picked up a nice rainbow and also a bass.

Any ideas on why all the fish are hanging at this depth and should I be targeting them?

My topwater lines arenít producing at all...If the lake hasn't turned over and still has a thermocline that's what your seeing

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Mikfish
12-25-2017, 08:38 AM

My topwater lines arenít producing at all...The temperature as of yesterday, Sunday-24th is 52.8 all the way to 95' dropping to 50.0 at 140' so yeah, the lake is taking it's time for a full turnover this year. Rainbows are scarce. Those are fish and baitballs you're seeing at 125' to 145 definitely! But they're not biting.. surprised you picked one up that deep. If not for the good brown trout bite, fishing on Shasta would be terrible. Hoping for a cold January & surface temp gets down to 48-49. Toplining should improve.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk