PDA

View Full Version : Pmid 1-26

okie
01-25-2018, 10:07 AM
Planning on hitting the mid tomorrow with Ivan and Don, can anyone give me some advice on how to catch some of those trout? any info/help would be truly appreciated.
be safe

Hookum Greg
01-25-2018, 11:19 AM
For us it was keeping our spoon right on the bottom. Even dragging in the moss. Lost a few spoons. 150' back Good Luck, Greg

Jetspray
01-25-2018, 02:03 PM
Planning on hitting the mid tomorrow with Ivan and Don, can anyone give me some advice on how to catch some of those trout? any info/help would be truly appreciated.
be safePut something on your set up and put that in the water, I'm sure your blood spoon will work, good luck out there Bill:wileecoyote1::smug:........Jetspray

LineStretcher
01-25-2018, 04:17 PM
be safe

This belongs in the campfire thread because I'm laughing my arse off... LOL...

okie
01-25-2018, 04:41 PM
This belongs in the campfire thread because I'm laughing my arse off... LOL...

by the way things have been going for me, I'm not the least bit concerned about catching anything, not even a cold.
be safe

hooks
01-25-2018, 04:51 PM
by the way things have been going for me, I'm not the least bit concerned about catching anything, not even a cold.
be safe

For starters.....your rods too stiff and you're holding it to high. LOL

Prettyman01
01-25-2018, 05:17 PM
Frequent coffee/bathroom/lunch breaks are always my go to approach

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

hooks
01-25-2018, 07:00 PM
​That works great sometimes. Make a new leader, sharpen hooks, .

Jetspray
01-25-2018, 07:57 PM
Frequent coffee/bathroom/lunch breaks are always my go to approach

It's all good PM, Bill hangs with his coffee a lot, but I don't know about the bathroom breaks. Kind of paints an odd picture in my mind......Jetspray

LineStretcher
01-25-2018, 08:19 PM
be safe

Bill, you know how to fish that lake better than anyone I know, that's why I was laughing so hard.

fish_junky
01-25-2018, 11:45 PM
be safe

LOL... I hear a nice shot of chocolate cake brings good luck.

okie
01-26-2018, 05:39 AM
Bill, you know how to fish that lake better than anyone I know, that's why I was laughing so hard.

You sure don't know many people that fish Pmid, do you? this time I'm going to use the equipment that my son used when he was here a couple of weeks ago. So then I'll know if it's me or my equipment.
be safe

LineStretcher
01-26-2018, 06:40 AM
You sure don't know many people that fish Pmid, do you? this time I'm going to use the equipment that my son used when he was here a couple of weeks ago. So then I'll know if it's me or my equipment.
be safe

Sharpen you hooks.. LOL

okie
01-26-2018, 05:36 PM
Hit the mid today with Ivan and don. Thanks guys for a wonderful day, and letting me catch a fish. not many fish, only landed 5, but the winds were good to us.had 4 keepers, 1 about 25, just under 8 lbs.
hopefully we'll be able to do it again next week. We started up by 9 mile beach to the monuments, the. Ran across to north of
Hell's Kitchen, then south and ended up along pelican.

by the way, steve, it was my gear, today I used
the gear my son used and caught fish, so I
guess I'll just hang up my usual gear.
be safe

be safe

hooks
01-26-2018, 06:49 PM
Thanks for the ride today Ivan. It was fun.

It was/is still slow fishing out there. The north end of the lake is thick with mostly submerged tumbleweeds. Very few boats on the water. Only 5 cutts today with as many lost fish.

Bill caught the big one. It fought so good that Bill hit the instant replay button on his reel. and did the whole fight over. Fun times.

We charted plenty of fish but most were not interested in biting. Hope that changes soon.

Next week might be better.

iln143
01-27-2018, 07:38 AM
It was a tough day of fishing. It was good to see Bill get that big one! Its nice to have 2 friends that let me drive them around the lake and watch them catch fish. I am still thinking about taking up golf, crossword puzzles, origami, watching paint dry. Things that are almost as fun.:dwarf26cp:

OYD
01-27-2018, 09:55 AM
Sorry to hear about the slow bite, yesterday. Did you fish north or south of Pelican this time?

iln143
01-27-2018, 10:30 AM
Hi Frank.

We started at wariors and fished 9 mile bay. Then fished monument north to the beginning of wizards bay. Then ran across to fish the bay north of hells kitchen. Then fished north of pelican to the dock.

okie
01-27-2018, 10:56 AM
It was a tough day of fishing. It was good to see Bill get that big one! Its nice to have 2 friends that let me drive them around the lake and watch them catch fish. I am still thinking about taking up golf, crossword puzzles, origami, watching paint dry. Things that are almost as fun.:dwarf26cp:

Next time I hook a big one I'll let you reel it in.
be safe

OYD
01-27-2018, 11:43 AM
Hi Frank.

We started at wariors and fished 9 mile bay. Then fished monument north to the beginning of wizards bay. Then ran across to fish the bay north of hells kitchen. Then fished north of pelican to the dock.
You sure covered a lot of water!

El Tiburon
01-27-2018, 12:55 PM
How are you guys download the pictures?

hooks
01-27-2018, 01:16 PM

upload from computer using the icon second from the right in the bar in middle row that has 4 icons

iln143
01-27-2018, 01:36 PM
I did everything I could to put us on fish. There are some moving back into warriors and pelican. The north east side has alot of fish but they have lock jaw for now. It just a matter of time before they bite.

hooks
01-27-2018, 01:39 PM

USED 2 B IRON
01-27-2018, 09:17 PM
be safe
Hey okie I have fished at popcorn years ago. A Brother Ironworker invited me , When the lake got choppy from the winds we waded out close to the shelf, The water would work the shelf and stain the water this is when the fish would move in to feed. The fish would be just pass the shelf , We were using Fly Rods with woolybuggers I don't remember what size or colors we were using this was over 10 years ago. What I do remember is that we had to cast into the wind and the gear (flys) had to go pass the shelf we would lower the rod tip close to the water and pull the fly in 1-2-3 then stop wait and do it again 1-2-3 pulls on the line. It worked good this was my first time ever using a fly rod ever ! My largest fish was a 10 lb lahontan Cutthroat ! caught and released many that day ! I hope this helps you in some way.

okie
01-27-2018, 09:41 PM
I did everything I could to put us on fish. There are some moving back into warriors and pelican. The north east side has alot of fish but they have lock jaw for now. It just a matter of time before they bite.

you put us on some fish, but we must have got there right after lunch.
be safe

USED 2 B IRON
01-27-2018, 11:01 PM
Thanks for the ride today Ivan. It was fun.

It was/is still slow fishing out there. The north end of the lake is thick with mostly submerged tumbleweeds. Very few boats on the water. Only 5 cutts today with as many lost fish.

Bill caught the big one. It fought so good that Bill hit the instant replay button on his reel. and did the whole fight over. Fun times.

We charted plenty of fish but most were not interested in biting. Hope that changes soon.

Next week might be better. You guys are hilarious, The instant replay button Thats PRICELESS !!! :funa8tm: :areportmq5:

okie
01-28-2018, 09:54 AM
You guys are hilarious, The instant replay button Thats PRICELESS !!! :funa8tm: :areportmq5:

I catch so few fish, when I have one hooked real good, I try to give them a chance to get off, but also I like to feel the pressure on the line.
be safe

hooks
01-28-2018, 11:51 AM
​Match the hatch............

Jetspray
01-28-2018, 12:21 PM
​Match the hatch............

31963Nice Don.......Jetspray