PDA

View Full Version : Any fresh New Melones reports

Frank Bruegger
02-01-2018, 04:24 PM
Thinking about making a run to NM this weekend and wondering if anyone has any fresh reports for the Tuttletown/49 area. Thanks

Seon
02-01-2018, 05:15 PM
A 14#'er was caught the other day.

http://www.fullspeedfishing.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=88798&stc=1&d=1517409333

Frank Bruegger
02-02-2018, 08:35 PM
No news?, catching at what depth, where?

stefanoflo
02-02-2018, 10:30 PM
so let me ask . now that Melones has water the Water goes all the way up to Camp Nine road Bridge area. I have seen bass boats fish the shore line and i`m still sure Boats are Making that trip still from melones . My question is Is it a Part of Melones Now that the water is Up because 2 years ago it was a Stream and I was Fishing Under the Bridge at camp Nine , Now there are Boats coming in from Melones. can we fish the bank is its a Part Of Melones or is it Closed ??? to bank but Open to Boats?? ??

Slvrsides
02-02-2018, 10:31 PM
A 14#'er was caught the other day.

http://www.fullspeedfishing.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=88798&stc=1&d=1517409333
Check out Gloryhole Sports webpage… Has pics and details… Also think The Sniffer did a story on it… Was hittin shad on top… I was out last weekend and managed a 4lb 2oz(rainbow)..wedding ring on top..150 ft back..also caught a 2lb 16" crappie and got into a mess of 3 lb spots...been getting out consistently last 6 weeks..seems like things hit a bit of a lull early-mid January but looks like things might be picking back up...will be out again tomorrow and will post report

ppickerell
02-03-2018, 10:14 AM
Yes you can motor all the way up to the Camp 9 bridge and about a half mile beyond before you hit a log jam

Grncrestliner
02-03-2018, 12:43 PM
so let me ask . now that Melones has water the Water goes all the way up to Camp Nine road Bridge area. I have seen bass boats fish the shore line and i`m still sure Boats are Making that trip still from melones . My question is Is it a Part of Melones Now that the water is Up because 2 years ago it was a Stream and I was Fishing Under the Bridge at camp Nine , Now there are Boats coming in from Melones. can we fish the bank is its a Part Of Melones or is it Closed ??? to bank but Open to Boats?? ??

It has to do with the definition of where a lake starts when there is a river flowing into it. If the water is not obviously flowing it is now part of the lake. No matter where the lake used to be if the lake is low enough that there is just a river in a gorge it is now a river and not a lake. When the water was low it was a river. Now the water is high it is part of the lake.

stefanoflo
02-03-2018, 05:46 PM
so i can fish the bank below the bridge an not worry bout a law enforcement giving me a ticket !!
just want to make sure!!

RideNfish
02-04-2018, 12:26 PM
so i can fish the bank below the bridge an not worry bout a law enforcement giving me a ticket !!
just want to make sure!!

Read the definition in the regs. Page 10 1.44. Dividing Line Between Lake and Stream "The mouth of the stream at the existing level of the lake surface. Stream regulations apply to the parts of streams in the exposed beds of partially filled lakes."

So current isn't mentioned. You can have current and it's always obvious where the level of the lake is.

Slvrsides
02-14-2018, 10:25 PM
Hit the south side of the lake Saturday before the wind got too bad and managed a nice 4lb9oz rainbow..top of the water column..not thinking that we've figured em out yet cause I've yet to catch more than 1 in a day of fishing, but they ALL are 4 plus pound fish..would like to get into some numbers(cause that's fun!)but think the size factor has kept me on it..will try to attach some pics

CAL.NDN
02-14-2018, 10:31 PM
Beautiful fish and great pictures. Damn you got thhat fish pose down if you wouldn't said the weight I would have guess much higher than 4#

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Slvrsides
02-15-2018, 07:20 AM
Beautiful fish and great pictures. Damn you got thhat fish pose down if you wouldn't said the weight I would have guess much higher than 4#

The smallest went 4lb 2oz and the biggest(the one at dusk)was 5lb 12oz...one of these days hoping to break the 6lb mark!!

CAL.NDN
02-15-2018, 07:33 AM
Looks like you will break it. You got the big fish chasing your offerings. I would take them beautiful fish over a 7 pound square tail trout. Good stuff.