PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of trying Pardee next week

Fishfinder
03-22-2018, 09:56 PM
Next Wednesday my Grandson and I are thinking of trying Lake Pardee, we will be trolling. I have been watching the forum for any reports on Kokanee and Trout at Pardee. Is anyone fishing Pardee and if so how is the bite?
Thank You!!

centerconsole
03-23-2018, 07:49 AM
Hello thought id chime in for ya I've been fishing pardee and camanche the past few weeks passing the time waiting for halibut to show in the bay... when i was younger my dad and i always chose pardee over camanche for trolling but in my opinion if youre taking your grandson out on a weekday youll have little to no people on the lake i would go to camanche they seem to have a better fisherie this year its the same price and there is more options when trolling... the trout for me have been a lot bigger they have that nice salmon colored meat and i believe they are stocking better numbers plus we have been picking up really good size spotted bass and monster slabs there as bycatch.

last 3 times i trolled pardee things started really well working the edges right before the river mouth than after the second fish it shut off which can happen we worked down the river to the bathroom for nada than the dam for nada and finally picked a fish at the end of the day trolling the sides on the way back... this seems to be the normal type of day at pardee for me

we havent targeted kokanee in pardee yet but working the edges on both lakes seem to pay off for trout. Early in the morning on weekdays with no boat pressure the narrows of camanche have been on fire with trout jumping everywhere. top line a rapala and fish the top 5-15 feet with a speedy shiner or probably anything and i believe your chances are a lot better than pardee... we have had doubles and triples on at camanche which has been a norm for us but never at pardee.. hopefully this helps

just my two cents tho :trout:

retired
03-23-2018, 01:39 PM
You may want to call Pardee and see how the water is I was told it came up a few feet and a lot of drift wood all over the lake. You may be better off at Camanche like he said

Fishfinder
03-24-2018, 11:45 AM
Next Wednesday my Grandson and I are thinking of trying Lake Pardee, we will be trolling. I have been watching the forum for any reports on Kokanee and Trout at Pardee. Is anyone fishing Pardee and if so how is the bite?
Thank You!!

CENTERCONSOLE & RETIRED, THANK YOU BOTH FOR TAKING THE TIME TO GIVE ME AND OTHERS READING MY THREAD YOUR INPUT! My Grandson and I are looking forward to spending some time together and catch some fish. I am about 90% sure we will be going to Camanche. THANK YOU AGAIN!

Trout Tracker
03-24-2018, 04:22 PM
If it were me I would go to Comanche. I think you would have way better
luck and after seen some pictures from Pardee a better quality of fish.
I know that last year at Pardee the quality of fish seemed a lot better
and bigger.Makes me wonder what happened this year?

bigfin
03-24-2018, 06:56 PM
If it were me I would go to Comanche. I think you would have way better
luck and after seen some pictures from Pardee a better quality of fish.
I know that last year at Pardee the quality of fish seemed a lot better
and bigger.Makes me wonder what happened this year?

New management at Pardee this year Rocky Mountain Recreation and in my Opinion they can go back there . Last year was a treat for sure . I would also suggest Comanche . Tightlines BF

Trout Tracker
03-24-2018, 09:21 PM
New management at Pardee this year Rocky Mountain Recreation and in my Opinion they can go back there . Last year was a treat for sure . I would also suggest Comanche . Tightlines BF
Bigfin.
I did not know that there were new people at Pardee.
But I do know that I went to pardee a few times last
year and the fish seemed to be quality fish.
They were a big fat healthy fish that put up a
pretty good fight.
And it was tat way back in the day,i know things change.

Jfitalia
03-24-2018, 11:36 PM

What's the reason for the complaining? The fish at pardee are healthy, and fat, they're stocking weekly, fishing has been very good, best opener I can remember in the last decade and no price increases....

PapaGreg
03-25-2018, 12:45 PM
The opener was pretty good, but they only stock a 1,000 pounds a week and they are small. A buddy hooked two a few weeks back that had sores on them and one had some kind of parasites crawling in it's mouth. The quality is not the same as last year. Remember last year, EBMUD and DFW made a deal to raise the fish at the Moke river hatchery, 45,000 pounds, it's the same water that flows into Pardee. My experience at Pardee this year is that the fish are smaller and they don't taste like the ones from last year.

BTW, Rocky Mountain doesn't respond timely to e-mail!

Jfitalia
03-25-2018, 06:17 PM
The opener was pretty good, but they only stock a 1,000 pounds a week and they are small. A buddy hooked two a few weeks back that had sores on them and one had some kind of parasites crawling in it's mouth. The quality is not the same as last year. Remember last year, EBMUD and DFW made a deal to raise the fish at the Moke river hatchery, 45,000 pounds, it's the same water that flows into Pardee. My experience at Pardee this year is that the fish are smaller and they don't taste like the ones from last year.

BTW, Rocky Mountain doesn't respond timely to e-mail!

I don't know, the fish coming from boats are high quality

PapaGreg
03-25-2018, 08:07 PM
Yeah, the boats are doing very well, bankers are so-so, depending on location

Legalbeagle
03-26-2018, 03:27 PM
Anyone been on Pardee in the last week or so? I would like to know the water quality, por favor.