PDA

View Full Version : clear lake cats

J-beats
04-20-2008, 07:57 PM
anyone heard anything about catfish in clear lake want to head up there....going to head up there next week...gonna do some catfishing if the crappie dont bite!!! ;)

riverboi
04-22-2008, 02:20 PM
I've seen some threads about people catching cats there lately. From what I hear what works best there is catching a carp, cutting it up and using it as bait, I haven't tried that yet though. On the other hand, the crappie are biting for sure so maybe you wont get to cats.

knotgillty
04-22-2008, 03:24 PM
The cats are there, but it's mediocre fishing. *The winds can be a problem. *The water temps are in the mid to high 50's. *The catfishing will get better as the water temp gets to 70+ degrees as the fish will be more active. * *

There is a crappie bite, but it's not on fire for most. *More misses than hits. *Fishing at night under submerged lights would be the best tactic right now in my opinion.

BIG_ONE
04-25-2008, 01:55 PM
oh yeah cat is there all the time...giant ones... ;D ;)

riverboi
04-25-2008, 02:19 PM
All the time eh? ;D Any good shore fishing spots?

knotgillty
04-25-2008, 03:37 PM
All the time eh? ;D Any good shore fishing spots? * For being the largest lake entirely in California, there are surprisingly few shore areas to fish. *I know of an angler who got a 10 pounder fishing from shore at M&M campground two days ago. *They have shore sites there. *Some people fish at Konocti but it's mainly bass & crappie they are after. *There are a lot of piers around the lake, but most are private or are owned by resorts. *

I always have a boat when I go to Clear Lake so I'm probably not the best person to answer your shore bound question. *

BIG_ONE
04-25-2008, 08:11 PM
All the time eh? ;D Any good shore fishing spots?

not too sure...but these cat are huge l0ol catch them crawdad there and use em ;D :D ;) find area where there is flat rockies areas...and like soft sand like mud...