PDA

View Full Version : Stanislaus River

MVP
04-05-2018, 09:04 AM
Hey fisherman/fisherwomen!!! Just a quick question, is it possible to fish the Stanislaus River from shore? I am not asking for specific locations (unless you don't mind sharing lol). I have never fished this river and from what I can see it looks like it could be some fun. Also, should I bring my waders? I am working on getting a kayak so hopefully some time in the near future I will be be boating around.

RideNfish
04-05-2018, 02:36 PM
What fish are you chasing and what sections are you referring to? You can fish it from the valley all the way up to Sonora Pass. The simple answer is yes you can fish from shore. If trout in the lower section (below Goodwin Dam) read the regs. Actually the lower Stan is full of regs so you need to know them for different times of year.

phishndad
04-05-2018, 05:46 PM
What RidenFish said, what is the species and area you want to target? Then we can help point you in the right direction.

MVP
04-10-2018, 10:32 PM
I was looking to chase some stripers around. I have seen areas of the river that are crystal clear and just looks good for scouting but my inner fisherman has got to get that line wet lol.