PDA

View Full Version : Homemade Stinkbaits For Cats?

luvtobankfish
04-06-2008, 01:12 PM
How's everyone been doing? It's been a while since I've done some fishing and I going to get back in action next week, but in the mean time I have been thinking of making my own stinkbait . I been thinking of using chicken livers, clams, sardines, anchovies, earthworms, garlic and bacon. We have a old food processor my wife is letting me use " she thinks I am crazy " puree all this up put it in a bucket, add some plain gelitan to help solidify put the top on the bucket, poke some holes in it. Then dig a hole in the backyard put the bucket in the hole, cover and let sit for a month. The plan is to use it as a dip or stinkbait. What do you think? Any advice would be great, I'm going to give this a try and will let you know how it goes.

On a side note I would like to thank my wife for letting me stink up her backyard! :) Love you!!!

Jeff213
04-06-2008, 01:30 PM
why bother with stinkbaits when they don't work any better than regular baits? thats what i think anyway...

MB_Kevin
04-06-2008, 10:10 PM
I think it will be rotten and fish won't want to eat it. I say keep it in the refrigerator in the garage for a month. [smiley=yikes.gif]

I'm no expert in the area but I think fish like to eat good stuff just like us. They like stinky funky things we might not eat but I don't think they like it all rotten. They might and I will be looking forward to seeing how it goes. 8-)

Fishin_G
04-17-2008, 02:30 PM
I tried making a similar bait last summer. I was really excited to try it out the next weekend. After 4 days I opened the bucket to add flour and mix. It stank so bad nearly puked and it was full of maggots. So discusting I threw it out. Really really nasty. So I used sardines that weekend and caught quite a few. Supposedly it works well, but it was just way too nasty for me. If you do try it make sure its well sealed to prevent maggots.

MB_Kevin
04-17-2008, 03:55 PM
I tried making a similar bait last summer. I was really excited to try it out the next weekend. After 4 days I opened the bucket to add flour and mix. It stank so bad nearly puked and it was full of maggots. So discusting I threw it out. Really really nasty. So I used sardines that weekend and caught quite a few. Supposedly it works well, but it was just way too nasty for me. If you do try it make sure its well sealed to prevent maggots. *
The maggots make great bait for the panfish :D

BIG_ONE
04-17-2008, 11:58 PM
home made stink bait is pretty rough to make it last...but don't leave it longer then a week in the fridge...use it before a week....here's how u do it...find some old blender...get some cornmeal (always add lots of cornmeal which its going to be your main item)...u can add any kind of cheese...chicken liver...beef liver...sardines..etc...and add a little water...don't add too much just add enough to make dough, remember that your bait your blending also have water in them or liquid, so add a little only..then blend it till it turns one solid color...sometimes it might not turn into one color...might have many, or just some twisted color lol, and then simply seal it up...pack it ready to fish! ;D ;) :D

I_Heart_Bass
04-18-2008, 11:37 AM
The Best bait I have EVER used for catfish is fresh fresh fresh cut bait like shad put some on the end of a hook and get ready! I also use the chicken livers in pantyhose method which works for a more laid back approach to catfishing. The best scent I have ever used is Predator by pro-Cure as well. I don't know if your stinkbait will work it could be huge but there are easier ways to catch cats. Hope that helps man.