PDA

View Full Version : Halibut for 3/14

Yearroundfisherman
04-12-2018, 12:12 PM
Going out of Loch Lomond this Saturday before the rain on Sunday. We listen on ch16 so feel free to call out for the Year Round Fisher. Thats the name for MMSI through Boat US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bret1972
04-12-2018, 02:10 PM
3/14 is still 11 months away!
:naughty:

Going out of Loch Lomond this Saturday before the rain on Sunday. We listen on ch16 so feel free to call out for the Year Round Fisher. Thats the name for MMSI through Boat US.

Yearroundfisherman
04-12-2018, 02:13 PM
3/14 is still 11 months away!
:naughty:

See you next year I guess. [emoji30]

Bret1972
04-13-2018, 04:24 PM
What area are you gonna be fishing? I might go out again... if so Iím gonna stick around Paradise Park Area.

YoungAsianFisher
04-13-2018, 04:53 PM
I heard paradise area has been pumping out some keepers lately from pier as well as candle stick to oyster/sb shoals. Best of luck to you guys. I'll be chasing some sashimi Saturday out of Half Moon Bay and chase some halipers Sunday before the rain hits late noon.

brokea--boater
04-13-2018, 08:03 PM
Ch. 68 for the bay,,,gregg

Yearroundfisherman
04-13-2018, 08:33 PM
Ch. 68 for the bay,,,gregg

I didnít know that. Iíll program that in first thing in the morning. Thank you.

Yearroundfisherman
04-13-2018, 08:35 PM
What area are you gonna be fishing? I might go out again... if so Iím gonna stick around Paradise Park Area.

We were thinking Paradise as well. Where are you dropping in?

Bret1972
04-13-2018, 09:25 PM
Richmond... still debating to go or not

Yearroundfisherman
04-13-2018, 10:00 PM
Richmond... still debating to go or not

Same here. My mom asked for some panfish today so thats got me on the fence. She really likes those bluegills. Iím open to forming a plan of some sort if we both end up going.

Yearroundfisherman
04-19-2018, 03:41 PM
Just remembered to update this thread. I ended up not going for halibut and took off to target bluegill and bass on Lake Sonoma. On the way over there the right baring blew so we spent about an hour in front of Wallmart changing the whole hub assembly that West Marine thankfully had. Fished for 4 hours for two bass and two bluegill and came home. The lake is pretty low compared to last year and was 62 degrees according to the Lowrance.
Definitely going out of Loch Lomond with a 2 man crew this Sunday.

Yearroundfisherman
04-20-2018, 07:24 PM
5 to 15 knt wind forcasted tomorrow according to noaa broadcast. Thats pushing my comfort level but weíll give it a shot. Got the MMSI through Boat US so Iíll post it soon as the email comes in if anyone would like to communicate.

Bret1972
04-21-2018, 03:32 PM
I saw a lot of boats off of Tiburon today until about 11 AM and they all started to leave. I think thatís shortly after high tide. But the weather from Tiburon north was very nice, very little wind. It look like south of Tiburon the water was a lot more choppy

5 to 15 knt wind forcasted tomorrow according to noaa broadcast. Thats pushing my comfort level but weíll give it a shot. Got the MMSI through Boat US so Iíll post it soon as the email comes in if anyone would like to communicate.

Yearroundfisherman
04-21-2018, 10:28 PM
Iíve been cleaning fish for about 3 hours now so I need to keep this report short. Went for sturgeon in the triangle for the outgoing tide and landed three sturgeon between both my dad and I. I tagged a 48 inch surgeon and my dad tagged his 43 inch sturgeon and in between those two I released a 46 inch sturgeon. We went back to Loch Lomond at 12 oíclock and picked up two dozen anchovy to go to Paradise for halibut. We drifted for about three hours for nothing more than to mist strikes and a shaker Striper. We threw back all the left live bait and came home to clean our catch.
Maybe going out tomorrow again.

Yearroundfisherman
04-22-2018, 09:07 PM
We got out today again for two hours and fished the pump house. 20 boats at its peak and most had action. We were still exhausted from yesterday so we didnít get on the water until about 10:30 in the morning. Caught 2 stripers at 24 and 21 inches that I decided to keep. Then we spotted a big sturgeon that was floating and we thought it might be one of the oversize fish that were released from one of the boats next to us. We pulled up anchor and headed over to check it out and it was clear that something took a bite out of it and it was very dead. We circled back around to set up again but then took note of the fact that slack tide was happening so we headed for the dock early. Came Home to clean the fish and have a big barbecue with the family.
All and all it was A very successful weekend.

Yearroundfisherman
04-25-2018, 04:53 PM
Hereís the video from Saturday. No halibut but theres sturgeon.
https://youtu.be/adylxpmKm6o

tomjsadler
04-26-2018, 02:20 PM
Nice fish there!

Yearroundfisherman
04-26-2018, 02:26 PM
Nice fish there!

Thank you.

salmonid
04-26-2018, 06:08 PM
Looks like you guys got that engine running like a champ now.

Yearroundfisherman
04-26-2018, 07:02 PM
Looks like you guys got that engine running like a champ now.

Yes sir! Didnít even have to clean the carbs. I sure miss fuel injection on the ETec though. This old 90 is horrendous on fuel.

Yearroundfisherman
05-03-2018, 01:49 PM
My dad and I got out to Paradise with two dozen anchovies. We were fishing by 10:20 until 1:30. The wind was just refusing to work with us. It was impossible to drift a straight line. No takers today and 14 anchovy were released.

Yearroundfisherman
06-26-2018, 09:17 AM
Headed out tomorrow out of Loch Lomond. Iíll be listening on the radio if anyone wants to call out for the Year Round Fisher.