PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid Fest Spring 2018

Captain Compassion
04-15-2018, 07:06 PM
Another Pyramid fest is in the book and it was a good one. I arrived Friday morning at 0800. A good number of folks were all ready there. The weather earlier in the week was a little rough but by Friday morning it turned nice. Jetspray and I headed out towards the north. We fish Warrior north of the mushroom. We managed 5 fish to the boat to 6#. That evening Efren and I went to Crosby's and had the usual Friday special of Chicken Fried Steak. Saturday was shore fishing day. Todd and I started out south of the ramp at Pelican then went south and tried Blockhouse. We were skunked in both places. The pot luck was at 1800 and as usual was excellent. Tri-Tip and Tri Tip Tips, Wings, Jambalaya, Chili and some of the best Clam Chowder I have ever had. And usual it was finished of by Dee's famous Cheese Cake. There was a nice Bomb fire and folks talked into the night. At 0500 Sunday morning the winds came. Too windy for a fire not much of a chance for Coffee. I left for home at 0615. Just to give you an example of the perversity of Pyramid weather 9 miles south of Pelican the lake was glass. Nice seeing everyone. It was a wonderful fest. Here's a short slide show. Relax with Vivaldi: Guitar Concerto in D Major.

CC

http://youtu.be/Sc78Ga-BO3o

fish_junky
04-15-2018, 07:36 PM
Very cool Video my friend. Bummed I missed the Fest. Looks like a good turn out.
Now bring on the Fall Fest! :)

TBSP
04-15-2018, 07:40 PM
Very nice slide show CC! I really enjoyed that. Thanks. Hope to make it there with you guys in the next couple years.

Captain Compassion
04-15-2018, 07:52 PM
Very cool Video my friend. Bummed I missed the Fest. Looks like a good turn out.
Now bring on the Fall Fest! :)

October 12 - 14.

CC

Jetspray
04-15-2018, 08:01 PM
Great stuff CC:worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:, nice send off for Beth as well, she did a classy thing on the way out. We will miss her voice around the campfire and radio. It was a great fest with great folks and great food. Love the fire talk with few phones doing anything more than taking pictures and showing them to each other.:chowtime::action-smiley-031:........Jetspray

OYD
04-16-2018, 08:57 AM
Thanks for the report. The video is good but as Mickey said on the other site, some of the pictures are pretty fuzzy. I found the video on this site to be clearer if you do not enlarge it to full screen. The water sure has risen a lot since my last shore trip about a month ago. What happened to all the flyfishers who usually line all the pelican area shorelines this time of year? It looks bare (but nice)!

Jetspray
04-16-2018, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the report. The video is good but as Mickey said on the other site, some of the pictures are pretty fuzzy. I found the video on this site to be clearer if you do not enlarge it to full screen. The water sure has risen a lot since my last shore trip about a month ago. What happened to all the flyfishers who usually line all the pelican area shorelines this time of year? It looks bare (but nice)!Most of them had moved down to about 2 feet from the south side of the launch so they could catch anything the tribe dropped back in after they were spawned out, they were side to side Friday and Saturday. Yes the water is still on the rise, there was about a pitchers mound area at Spider to shore fish from.........Jetspray

Prettyman01
04-16-2018, 01:16 PM
Good to hear everyone had a good time. Managed to get out there Sun for an hour or so but looked like everyone was long gone.

Saw one of the disoriented truck trout cruising but that was it for me.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180416/143b80657640fe7dee804a2c54755c94.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Captain Compassion
04-16-2018, 02:42 PM
OYD. On Windows XP I had two good video programs. A video the size of the one I had would be 22 Megs. This came out 4+ Megs. There was not nearly as many trout off of Pelican as last year. It was a nice couple of days.

CC

Captain Compassion
04-18-2018, 11:12 AM
Ok. Here is another movie made form a different software package. I guess it's a little better. Thanks Steve for the help.

http://youtu.be/-fUAeBiON60

Richard

Jetspray
04-18-2018, 04:07 PM
Richard, Steve is really cool on this stuff. Thanks Steve.:thumbsup:.......Jetspray

XPL051v3
04-18-2018, 08:36 PM
Ok. Here is another movie made form a different software package. I guess it's a little better. Thanks Steve for the help.

http://youtu.be/-fUAeBiON60

Richard

Awesome! Good seeing you again CC! I edited some video as well. Can't wait to get back to Pmid!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk