PDA

View Full Version : Opening day at Upper Scaramento river and surounding lakes

siskiyoufisherman
05-01-2018, 09:37 AM
Dunsmuir Fire Dept opening day pancake breakfast drew around 200 people. One lucky winner received a Fly Rod and Reel setup from Ted Fay Fly Shop. I saw some nice rainbows being caught on the river. I went up to the dam before work and landed a Brown just over 2 lbs. The lakes are full and the river is kinda low for the spring melt, but the bite seems on.

Jetspray
05-01-2018, 10:06 AM
Dunsmuir Fire Dept opening day pancake breakfast drew around 200 people. One lucky winner received a Fly Rod and Reel setup from Ted Fay Fly Shop. I saw some nice rainbows being caught on the river. I went up to the dam before work and landed a Brown just over 2 lbs. The lakes are full and the river is kinda low for the spring melt, but the bite seems on.Thanks for letting us in for the opener in your eyes, it is nice to see that a local business is into giving as well. Glad you were able to enjoy some fishing "before" work, I usually had to set up a fishing expedition with fellow workers after work, usually at a local lake like Chabot or San Pablo Dam.......Jetspray