PDA

View Full Version : Trout/Kokanee Trolling Rods

Waterdog
05-04-2018, 06:52 PM
I recently broke 3 of my trout/Koke trolling rods (stepped on one and backed the boat in the garage with 2 rods sticking up in the rod holders - snap). I still have a couple Shimano and Vance’s spiral wraps but would like 2 more rods. I’m not looking to spend a lot of $$$ since I still have 4 good trout trolling rods. Looking for suggestions for low to moderate priced rods. (I remember Robbie saying he was using some decent rods that were only around $50 but I can’t remember which brand) Any suggestions appreciated.

Jfitalia
05-04-2018, 06:58 PM
I recently broke 3 of my trout/Koke trolling rods (stepped on one and backed the boat in the garage with 2 rods sticking up in the rod holders - snap). I still have a couple Shimano and Vanceís spiral wraps but would like 2 more rods. Iím not looking to spend a lot of $$$ since I still have 4 good trout trolling rods. Looking for suggestions for low to moderate priced rods. (I remember Robbie saying he was using some decent rods that were only around $50 but I canít remember which brand) Any suggestions appreciated.

He likes the Shakespeare agility rods as do I. 24.99 on Ebay

The velocity is nice too

firetrout
05-04-2018, 09:02 PM
He likes the Shakespeare agility rods as do I. 24.99 on Ebay

The velocity is nice too
I have two of them, had to replace rods after getting ripped off at lake Almanor area.
Those are what Doug Neal , guide at Lake Almoner uses too. He was the one to suggest them.
Fun action and if you break one your only out 25 bucks.

Legalbeagle
05-04-2018, 09:31 PM
Tica for good ole fiberglass in a $60 range. You can't compete with fiberglass when you want limber koke rods. I have a Daiwa Spinmatic ($40) and it's a good one and a few "Agility" rods, but the action on the Tica is far superior for just a little more. The tip is soft as bubble gum.

Fishfinder
05-04-2018, 09:40 PM
I bought a couple for the Lamiglas Kokanee 7' 1/16-1/4 Oz 4-10 rods and really like them. They are a little over the $50.00. At Walmart.com I ordered them for $88.34 each

WhopperStopper
05-05-2018, 01:29 AM
My cousin bought.me a Daiwa DXS K802L . Its graphite rated 4-8. Might be a little stiffer than what you want though. I think he said it was 50 or 60 bucks.

On a side note...does anyone have any feedback on Okuma Celilo and/or SST kokanee rods. They look nice for the price. Sorry, not trying to hijack...just interested like OP.

Koke Machine83
05-05-2018, 07:33 PM
WhopperStopper: I have both of those Rods. Okuma Celilo and/or SST kokanee rods. They both are still being used!!! Great Rods for the Price. Also using the Shakespiere Agility Rods.

Robbie

88lakes
05-06-2018, 06:45 PM
yep lamiglass CG70DR 7 is my choice it is powerful for big macs and light enough for planters

Chrome Seeker
05-06-2018, 08:05 PM
Lamiglas CG 80 GH | 8' Trolling Rod w/ Graphite Handle 6-10lb Kokanee & Trout
best trout and Kokanee trolling rod IM0. I use it for pyramid lake trout as well for fun.

Mikfish
05-07-2018, 09:27 AM
I have been using Vance's 7' rods and absolutely love them! A little more backbone for trout than the 7.5' koke rods. Have caught up to 8 lb fish on them.. no problem! They've been abused.. still going strong.

Also have Agility rods, they do a great job of pulling planer boards or dipsy divers.

Saturday at the Kokanee power derby I won a SST kokanee rod 4-12 lbs. More of a trout rod. Tried it out Sunday and love it so far!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

AnglingWes
05-09-2018, 06:09 AM
The Sniffer just received a bunch of Vanceís trout rods as well as Daiwa trolling reels. I hope to have a Trout Subscription Special posted later this week, so you can get a rod or rod and reel with the magazine for way less than retail price.

Waterdog
05-09-2018, 07:10 AM
Vanceís rods and those Daiwa reels are great. But darn I have a current subscription that runs another 4 years.

RumNKoke
05-09-2018, 07:15 AM
I have had the Lamiglass "red" koke rods for years. I like them alot.

My son 'Curly', wanted his own a couple years ago, took his xmas money to the ISE show. Jared gave him a banging deal on the Velocity Ninja rods.
I actually like them more than my "red" rods.

Agility's are nice, a little light for me.

If I wanted a inexpensive rod, I really like the feel of the Eagle Claw yellow koke rods for $25-30 each.

Waterdog
05-09-2018, 08:11 AM
I was at BassPro over the weekend and picked up one of those Eagle Claw yellow Koke rods for $25. Never heard of that rod before and know nothing about it. Itís super light weight and just looked like it would be a lot of fun on Kokes and trout so I bought one. I still have a couple of quality trolling rods I havenít broke yet. Iím just looking for extra or backup rods. Hoping the Eagle Claw will work and be fun. Still plan to get another 1 or 2 trout/Koke trolling rods as I have 2 reels from the rods I broke.