PDA

View Full Version : Amador 5/5 - PB Goldfish LOL

twack
05-06-2018, 06:49 AM
Since Camanche was hosting a bass derby, I decided to head over to Lake Amador for the first time. Turned out to be a pretty good day. By 1:30, got 6 in the boat and released 2 since they popped the hook in the net. Lost 6 others on the way to the net. Two of the keepers were 5+ lbs!

This was my first time catching "lightning trout". They put up a good fight and sure are a surprise when you see that color. Trolling C21 Grape and Wonderbread Speedy Shiners @ 15 and 21 ft. Water on top at 73F by days end.

RideNfish
05-06-2018, 08:08 AM
Good job. Thanks for the report. Did you see any shore anglers doing any good?

twack
05-06-2018, 08:18 AM
Good job. Thanks for the report. Did you see any shore anglers doing any good?

Lots of shore anglers in the AM. Saw quite a few catching both lightning and "normal" trout. Most looked to be 12-14 inch. Lots of yellow and green powerbait floating on the water, so I assume that was the snack of choice.

bigfin
05-06-2018, 08:41 AM
Nice Fish Twack ,

How did you like driving over the Dam ? I was there yesterday too . Kept hearing boaters doing the Shake Rattle & Roll coming across "THE DARN" I swear I don't know why they Paved the parking lot , but not the Dam . There was nothing really wrong with the lot . But oh well maybe next time . I heard it was pretty good by boat in the middle of the lake . I was targeting between 20 -30 feet of water from shore and only got 3 and they were drinks by Amador standards but thats fishing , It was pretty slow from what I seen at shore I counted 7 or 8 fish caught including mine , from the launch cove to spillway point . Waters real warm I left at 1 pm hardly any fish in the gut box at the cleaning station . Did manage to spook one of those lightning trout at the shore man they are fast swimmers, dam thing went from the lodge to the middle of the dam in under 5 seconds . Nicknamed that one TESLA !!! Wish I woulda known you were there woulda stuck my thumb out when you past me !!!! :) Good Job Nice Steaks you got there . Tightlines BF

EddieTee
05-06-2018, 03:20 PM
Sorry Twack meant to give you a Like, can't edit it:apologetic: Could you tell me how far your line was back .
Thanks Eddie Tee

twack
05-06-2018, 04:50 PM
Sorry Twack meant to give you a Like, can't edit it:apologetic: Could you tell me how far your line was back .
Thanks Eddie Tee

Between 100 and 130 ft. It's weird, I treat setback like I'm picking lottery numbers. One day I use 111 and 131, next maybe 117 and 137 (two rods). Anyone else do that, or is just me?

No worries on the "dislike". I don't keep track.

twack
05-06-2018, 04:52 PM
Nice Fish Twack ,

How did you like driving over the Dam ? I was there yesterday too . Kept hearing boaters doing the Shake Rattle & Roll coming across "THE DARN" I swear I don't know why they Paved the parking lot , but not the Dam . .... BF

I drive a lot in California, the Dam road seemed like all the others in the state.... haha :bananachaga:

Koke Machine83
05-06-2018, 05:26 PM
Twack: Great Day on a Different Pond. Congrats... See you soon, somewhere!! Lol Robbie

Captain Compassion
05-06-2018, 05:26 PM
Goldfish Lol. Very nice.

CC