PDA

View Full Version : Anyone fishing Carson river Saturday?

Fish-on
05-14-2018, 04:37 PM
Well after a couple buddies had to cancel this weekend I am heading to the West Carson (88 & 89 bridge) on Saturday. Anyone else going to be up there? I値l be solo and plan on hiking down river a bit to get away from the crowds. Just thought I would see if anyone else is going to be out there.

Captain Compassion
05-14-2018, 05:04 PM
Well after a couple buddies had to cancel this weekend I am heading to the West Carson (88 & 89 bridge) on Saturday. Anyone else going to be up there? I値l be solo and plan on hiking down river a bit to get away from the crowds. Just thought I would see if anyone else is going to be out there.

Probably next week. Cooler river have the river in good shape.

CC

Fish-on
05-14-2018, 06:23 PM
I hope so. If not I値l be at Red Lake and then Minden Meat Market for a late lunch or early dinner...!!!

CAL.NDN
05-14-2018, 06:26 PM
What's this minden market you speak of?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Fish-on
05-14-2018, 07:32 PM
Good food and a bunch of beers on tap in Minden. They also have a deli and good meat that you can take home and BBQ

CAL.NDN
05-14-2018, 07:38 PM
Thanks but that is in the opposite direction of home lol. I usually grab something to snack on and drink in markleeville to donate some dollars to one of my favorite little road trip trout towns. Then I stop in for dinner and get a burger at burger in lounge in south lake Tahoe or pizza at Bob dogs pizza food pizza and they have good beer for the beer drinkers but I dont partake anymore.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Fish-on
05-14-2018, 07:53 PM
I usually get a burger and then a few bottles for when I get home. No use in getting a dui on a fishing trip ya know

Captain Compassion
05-14-2018, 08:08 PM
I hope so. If not I値l be at Red Lake and then Minden Meat Market for a late lunch or early dinner...!!!

I think the Meat Market has a beer fest going on. :action-smiley-035: I'll be at ICR tomorrow. Stocker Fest next week.

Jetspray
05-15-2018, 04:01 AM
Good food and a bunch of beers on tap in Minden. They also have a deli and good meat that you can take home and BBQIt is a great place to get local beef as well, make the order and they will fill it, prime rib and other great cuts:action-smiley-035::starrolling5ez::starrolling5ez::starrolling5e z::starrolling5ez::starrolling5ez:....Jetspray

http://www.mindenmeat.com/

http://www.mindenmeat.com/menu.html

Fish-on
05-19-2018, 04:14 PM
Well in my opinion there are absolutely no fish left in the West Carson. After 5 hours of throwing everything in the box from flies, worms, spinners, eggs, and the kitchen sink I caught nothing. So if I couldn稚 catch anything I am pretty sure there are no trout left....joking of course!!!

ended the day at Red Lake for about a hour and got 1 cutt maybe 13-14 on power bait.

Slow day day for everyone I talked to. But with that said still enjoyed a day out on the water!

Captain Compassion
05-19-2018, 05:29 PM
Slow day day for everyone I talked to. But with that said still enjoyed a day out on the water!

Sorry about the Carson it is pretty grim. CDFW as of this time is not scheduled for stocking on the Carson or W. Walker pre Memorial Day. Warmer days and T-storms are driving up flows some. Not sure if Alpine County is going to stock the Carsons next week. Like last year the county stocking may go into ICR.

CC