PDA

View Full Version : East Carson West Carson

Robertash20
05-21-2018, 06:32 AM
Anyone fished these lately? i can already tell im going to be sick at work one day this week and was going to look at these. How are the flows?

TIA

Captain Compassion
05-21-2018, 07:54 AM
Anyone fished these lately? i can already tell im going to be sick at work one day this week and was going to look at these. How are the flows?

TIA

Flows on the E. Carson running 900 - 1000 cfs. Unsure of color. W. Carson in running around 200 cfs. The water is of good color and should be fishable. As of this date CDFW will nor be stocking this week on the Carson. This may change. Alpine may put in some CoC fish. A couple folks fishing the West this weekend said that they saw no fish. Best to try later in the week. I'll probably give it a look Wednesday or Thursday.

CC

chubbswheeler
05-27-2018, 07:34 AM

I went the other day for the first time this season. Water was still up and some people were reporting not even a bite. Too much water for most. A little more weight and some tasty offerings and these trout will eat. They are in their and ready for the smoker! Went to Pickett's under the bridge to find this one in less than two casts. Fought for 10 minutes or so. Thought it was a king salmon.....

MtnFisher
05-27-2018, 09:17 AM

I went the other day for the first time this season. Water was still up and some people were reporting not even a bite. Too much water for most. A little more weight and some tasty offerings and these trout will eat. They are in their and ready for the smoker! Went to Pickett's under the bridge to find this one in less than two casts. Fought for 10 minutes or so. Thought it was a king salmon.....

Very nice! Thanks for sharing!

Captain Compassion
05-27-2018, 05:59 PM
They stocked the West Carson Thursday afternoon after I checked it out. Was thinking of going up there Friday but wind, rain and hail all day Friday put me off. Beautiful trout. You got it in one of my favorite spots.

CC