PDA

View Full Version : Crazy enough to fish today, it was slow...but

BigUnInDaBoat
05-27-2018, 08:14 PM
Boom! Just under 9. Hit a vintage #2 lyman in green and white. I thought the kokes would smash it. My buddy who was with me was messing with me and yells " you're on!" I look back and he's all "gotcha"...and the rod pops and starts rippin, you should of seen his face haha!

fishwrong2
05-28-2018, 06:09 AM
That's a monster. Truly a trophy.

RideNfish
05-28-2018, 06:41 PM
Nice! Love it when a guy messing with you and a fake bite ends up eating words. I've had that happen a couple of times. Ha!

BigUnInDaBoat
05-28-2018, 07:46 PM
Nice! Love it when a guy messing with you and a fake bite ends up eating words. I've had that happen a couple of times. Ha!

haha it was funny, he's a really good friend of mine and actually gave me the lure the big fish was caught on the night before. He just bought a house up in eagle lake and sadly we won't fish as much now. He somehow hooked a bunch of fish but none of them were trout. :watermelon:

Jetspray
05-28-2018, 08:36 PM
haha it was funny, he's a really good friend of mine and actually gave me the lure the big fish was caught on the night before. He just bought a house up in eagle lake and sadly we won't fish as much now. He somehow hooked a bunch of fish but none of them were trout. :watermelon:Well there is some prime places in Spaulding at Eagle Lake for sure. That fish is a hum dinger in my book. Great pic as well.:areportmq5:.......Jetspray

BigUnInDaBoat
05-28-2018, 09:29 PM
Well there is some prime places in Spaulding at Eagle Lake for sure. That fish is a hum dinger in my book. Great pic as well.:areportmq5:.......Jetspray

Yes and I'll get up there to fish with him and he'll come down once in awhile. It just sucks to lose a guy that was ten minutes away, that has the same passion, won't quit, no *****in, no drama in the boat, always laughing and good times. He's a good guy and and wish him the best and will miss the hell outta him.

LoneAngler
05-29-2018, 10:24 AM
Delicious!

Jetspray
05-29-2018, 03:36 PM
Yes and I'll get up there to fish with him and he'll come down once in awhile. It just sucks to lose a guy that was ten minutes away, that has the same passion, won't quit, no *****in, no drama in the boat, always laughing and good times. He's a good guy and and wish him the best and will miss the hell outta him.I have a few fishing buddies I miss from the bay area when I lived there. They never came here to fish, even though I had a guest bedroom to stay in and every accommodation to do so. I would never drive back that way for any reason, it is toooooo nice here. They still have the invitations to come. BTW Eagle Lake is one of my favorite lakes to fish and it still is one of my goals along with the family that lives in Susanville as well........Jetspray

Darren8167
06-01-2018, 02:12 PM
That is an absolute pig!!! Congrats on that great fish!