PDA

View Full Version : Lahontan Res.

LineStretcher
06-05-2018, 04:20 PM
Anybody ever fish Lahontan Reservoir in Silver Springs, NV. It's only 20 minutes from my doorstep and it's supposed to have a wide variety of fish. I do see lake lice headed that way on the weekends so I figure it can handle my NR. I was at a tackle shop in Reno today and they didnt have much info.

QueenAnnesRevenge
06-05-2018, 07:48 PM
Fished it twice a couple years ago when my brother was living in minden
Trolled for wipers, then threw topwaters and kast masters when we found a school up shallow or working birds.
Both days were absolute slaughters easily catch and release over 100 wipers. He lived there for 5 years and never really dialed in the walleye but I hear they grow to respectable size for this far west.

Both trips were also In the spring as I guess there's some pretty nasty summer and fall algae blooms

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Spinner
06-08-2018, 06:37 AM
Here you go! Walleyes can be caught trolling crawlers on a bottom bouncer, or bait fishing with live minnows, or jigs and stump jumpers, (chart. or white), fished around the brush or under trees. They can be up to and over 10 lbs. These fish do contain mercury! Do not eat! Wipers are easy to catch. We use the jigs and stump jumpers for those to. Also a live minnow, under a bobber, EARLY morn. around the canal, can get you a record wiper! Catfish grow large as well. Smallies and sac perch hit trolled spinners or rapalas, in the gold patterns. Crappie are on structures and the usual will get them.
HAVE FUN!!!!!!

LineStretcher
06-08-2018, 07:15 AM
Here you go! Walleyes can be caught trolling crawlers on a bottom bouncer, or bait fishing with live minnows, or jigs and stump jumpers, (chart. or white), fished around the brush or under trees. They can be up to and over 10 lbs. These fish do contain mercury! Do not eat! Wipers are easy to catch. We use the jigs and stump jumpers for those to. Also a live minnow, under a bobber, EARLY morn. around the canal, can get you a record wiper! Catfish grow large as well. Smallies and sac perch hit trolled spinners or rapalas, in the gold patterns. Crappie are on structures and the usual will get them.
HAVE FUN!!!!!!
Thank you, sounds like a fun place to fish and close to home is a bonus.

burninfuel
06-09-2018, 09:48 AM
I'vi told this before, back in late 90's caught wipers, 79# in 17 fish. many 3-4# and as high as 7#
Walleye to 8# and several limits of 3#-5#.
All on deep diving bass plugs, fat body large bills, run 17' and knock rocks near deep river channel. usually 8-12" sand bottom near the narrows

LineStretcher
06-13-2018, 02:54 PM
Finally got a chance to get over to the lake and check it out. The lake is full with several camp sites under water but still plenty of them available. The ramp is excellent but there is a boat inspection before the entrance. I was surprised at how few campers were there considering the time of year. I suspect it's probably crowded on the weekends but I dont intend to be there then.

It's about 20 minutes from my door to the ramp with good roads all the way. I'm going with the annual pass and plan on going often.

Thanks for all the info.