PDA

View Full Version : Camanche Help Needed

hungryhooker
06-14-2018, 11:26 AM
Hello fellow sniffers. Hoping to get some help with Camanche as I'm bringing up a boat full of kids on Saturday hoping for some action. Boat is fully loaded for trolling, wondering what kind of gear works for this time of year and any advice on location / depth / speed. Plenty of experience fishing this lake in the Winter, but never in June.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Will post back with results after the trip.

Thanks,

HH

BigUnInDaBoat
06-14-2018, 12:49 PM
Troll speedy shiners, 2+, 25-40' seems to be a good place to start there.

Waterdog
06-14-2018, 01:33 PM
This time of year youíll want to be on the lake early and off by 11:00am because thatís when the skiers and lake lice get going. The hot lure for quite awhile has been and is speedy shiners. Best colors for me have been red/silver, red/copper, rainbow trout and fire tiger. A couple weeks ago fire tiger was the hot Color for me , caught 2 to 1 over other colors. Donít use flashers or dodgers with them. Troll 2.5 to 3 mph. I personally use procure scent but do well without it too. A couple weeks ago I found fish between 30 to 40í. They may be a little deeper due to the recent hot weather. Id start with one dr at 30í and another at 35í and see how that works. If no action go a little deeper. Stay in deep water , troll from Hat is. to little hat, to the dam. Following the old river bed tends to produce results too.
Hope you get those kids on some fish. Let us know how you do.

hungryhooker
06-14-2018, 03:48 PM
Awesome - THANK YOU! We'll be on the lake early / will incorporate your input and share back results.

Legalbeagle
06-15-2018, 07:53 AM
Awesome - THANK YOU! We'll be on the lake early / will incorporate your input and share back results.

I look forward to those results. Be sure to send pics of those fish!

USMCmatt
06-15-2018, 08:04 AM
This time of year youíll want to be on the lake early and off by 11:00am because thatís when the skiers and lake lice get going. The hot lure for quite awhile has been and is speedy shiners. Best colors for me have been red/silver, red/copper, rainbow trout and fire tiger. A couple weeks ago fire tiger was the hot Color for me , caught 2 to 1 over other colors. Donít use flashers or dodgers with them. Troll 2.5 to 3 mph. I personally use procure scent but do well without it too. A couple weeks ago I found fish between 30 to 40í. They may be a little deeper due to the recent hot weather. Id start with one dr at 30í and another at 35í and see how that works. If no action go a little deeper. Stay in deep water , troll from Hat is. to little hat, to the dam. Following the old river bed tends to produce results too.
Hope you get those kids on some fish. Let us know how you do.

What are lake lice?

Trolling Dave
06-15-2018, 08:22 AM
Lake Lice = jet skis

Woodie
06-15-2018, 04:23 PM
I fish Comanche and do okay.

I see the Koke machine out on Comanche and they constantly got the net in the water.

Well I took him out today... Two limits by noon and lost 3.

He does things basically the same as I do we just a few little subtle changes that made all the difference in the world.

I highly recommend the trip with him for the knowledge and how to fish the lake.

Koke Machine83
06-15-2018, 04:37 PM
Thanks for the Kind Words Woodie!!! Robbie

Sfm12
06-15-2018, 05:13 PM
I fish Comanche and do okay.

I see the Koke machine out on Comanche and they constantly got the net in the water.

Well I took him out today... Two limits by noon and lost 3.

He does things basically the same as I do we just a few little subtle changes that made all the difference in the world.

I highly recommend the trip with him for the knowledge and how to fish the lake.

Robbie is worth every penny! I went from averaging about .5 trout per trip to making my wife tired of me bringing home so many fish. Fortunately we have an elder Japanese couple next door that love them.

Woodie
06-15-2018, 06:53 PM
Thanks for the Kind Words Woodie!!! Robbie

Got to give credit where credit is due.

Like I said there's only a couple little things that Robbie does difference.

But they do make all the difference in the world.

And quite frankly I had never considered them before but they do make one hell of a difference

Woodie
06-15-2018, 06:56 PM
One thing right now in Comanche the Fish hit and very light make sure you keep your line tigh

If they make a run towards a boat real fast keep that line tight and whatever you do don't let him jump

Woodie
06-15-2018, 07:15 PM
One thing right now in Comanche the Fish hit and very light make sure you keep your line tigh

If they make a run towards a boat real fast keep that line tight and whatever you do don't let him jump