PDA

View Full Version : North stan and Big trees report of any????

stefanoflo
06-23-2018, 09:06 AM
any report of the North Stanislaus river in Big trees , beaver creek or sourgrass areas????
I know they are not planting and Normally after labor day the stop planting so with the 4th around the corner we may not get any plants this year . Do`not tell me its that Yellow legged Frog that`s got them not Planting >> and I know Lake Alpines getting Plants so what ??They cant take a right turn and hit those spots I mentioned????
any scouting repots out there and don`t tell me to call Ebbbets sporting goods!!!!

phishndad
06-23-2018, 03:39 PM
I think the flood at moccosin creek hatchery this spring has something to do with the lack of plants up hwy 108 and 4 this year. I don't have any info for you but would be curious to find out the reasons for lack of plants in that area also.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

SdyGdy
06-23-2018, 04:15 PM
Spicer has been making up for lack of fish in the area for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SdyGdy
06-23-2018, 04:23 PM
Sent from the Sheraton Poipu Beach on Kauai
But dont worry will be back to Spicer by next weekend!

stefanoflo
06-23-2018, 08:40 PM
with the incident at Moccasin and all the fish that went tp Don Pedro from the reports . trout fishing has been great.maybe we should learn something from that?? or will they????

SdyGdy
06-23-2018, 08:57 PM
Hey I live on the lower Moke, grown up there since 82, just having such a great time in Hawaii I thought Id finally contribute. Sorry to all the haters!

RideNfish
06-24-2018, 08:32 AM
with the incident at Moccasin and all the fish that went tp Don Pedro from the reports . trout fishing has been great.maybe we should learn something from that?? or will they????

Nothing to learn from that. There is no way they can raise enough fish to plant 40,000 lbs (what was brought to Don Pedro) in each lake and surrounding rivers.

Sfm12
06-24-2018, 09:30 AM
People were pulling a few fish out of Spicer yesterday. Fishing wasn't bad, but just not what it used to be.

Spicer has been making up for lack of fish in the area for me!

MtnFisher
06-24-2018, 10:19 AM
There are some good browns in there, I fished below Spicer yrs ago, took a forestry rd off hwy 4 below Bear Valley.

Lots of remote spots if you want to put in the work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNRiZqQPG4Y

SdyGdy
06-27-2018, 02:54 PM
People were pulling a few fish out of Spicer yesterday. Fishing wasn't bad, but just not what it used to be.

In all seriousness, that lake has always given up limits for me, from a boat of course, for the last 5 yrs anyways. Or am I supposed to say the fishing is horrible? And yes, back in the 90s the fish were much larger.

Fish-on
06-28-2018, 06:23 AM
Spicer brings back memories. Used to take canoes and kyacks to the back of the lake and camp. Fishing is or maybe was awesome back there in the 90s and even early 2000s. Used to setup camp right where the river flows in. Trout and eggs for breakfast, hotdogs for lunch, and trout for dinner