PDA

View Full Version : Almanor Info

Reaper
06-26-2018, 03:54 PM
Headed to lake Almanor for a week, but have never fished the lake before. Any and all info would be much appreciated.
Thanks, Reaper

pointemdown
06-26-2018, 04:26 PM
Check out almanor fishing adventure web site and almanor fishing association website. Both have fishing reports that are reasonably up to date. From my experience fast trolling speedy shiners early as well as rapalas is productive. Once sun is up I switch to nightcrawler behind a dodger slow trolling. If wind permits dead drifting cricket/mealworm combo is worthwhile during the hex hatch, which should be in full swing. Watch the winds, look out for the pleasure boaters. Get your fishing in early AM or late PM. Good luck. Any other questions pm me. I have fished that lake a lot.

Chris Wigaard
06-26-2018, 07:13 PM
If your fishing by boat, I would recommend fishing in the areas where the hex are hatching...Rocky Point, Fox Farm, or Prattville. Big Springs might be worth a try too. Slow troll, 1.0 mph, a piece of night crawler off the bottom which imitates the emerging larva. Still fishing a cricket/meal worm combo work too if that is your cup of tea.

fishwrong2
06-26-2018, 07:37 PM
Mouth of the Hamilton Branch holds fish year round. If you're fishing from a boat, grebes (diving birds) hold over bait fish. Sounds simple, but it works.

Several website have update. Doug Neal is a good source as is the hardware/fishing store in Chester.

Fun Lake, Enjoy the trip.