PDA

View Full Version : Lake Camanche: Bonus German Brown 6/27/18

Koke Machine83
06-27-2018, 02:24 PM
What a way to start the morning, didn't even get the second rod down, BAM!!! Nice Brown to start the day. Released 4 Bass. Kept 2 Bass. 4.7lbs and 3.6lbs. Hooked 12 trout, 2 came off right at the back of the boat. Great Morning, Even with the Full Moon. Robbie (Koke Machine Guide Service)...

SdyGdy
06-27-2018, 02:45 PM
Awesome!! Glad to see some browns spilling over from Pardee/Moke? I donít see a downside to having them in the waterways of Calif.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twack
06-27-2018, 06:26 PM
Hey Robbie!
Nice fishes. You make it look so easy :-)

StikMan Modesto CA
06-30-2018, 01:38 PM
always nice to hear from the koke machine. still knocking them down I see. Thanks for the Post

88lakes
07-02-2018, 06:18 PM
hey be a good fisherman an put ALL browns back in any lake ya fish..........not trying to start something but we should ALL be stewards of fishing an put browns back we have caught alot of browns in cammanche but we knew if we told anybody it would get out .........just a thought you decide but a picture is just as good......ok i will get off my soapbox.......

SdyGdy
07-02-2018, 07:10 PM
Agreed!

Jfitalia
07-03-2018, 09:56 AM
hey be a good fisherman an put ALL browns back in any lake ya fish..........not trying to start something but we should ALL be stewards of fishing an put browns back we have caught alot of browns in cammanche but we knew if we told anybody it would get out .........just a thought you decide but a picture is just as good......ok i will get off my soapbox.......

A client can keep whatever they want.

Mikfish
07-03-2018, 12:32 PM
hey be a good fisherman an put ALL browns back in any lake ya fish..........not trying to start something but we should ALL be stewards of fishing an put browns back we have caught alot of browns in cammanche but we knew if we told anybody it would get out .........just a thought you decide but a picture is just as good......ok i will get off my soapbox.......Releasing browns isn't always as easy as it seems. Summer heat in the top 30' can be 80 degrees. Depending where you're at of course. The last few browns I've caught were in 55 degree water and we're pretty much spent by the time I got the hook out, let alone get a picture. They most likely wouldn't have survived. I release them if I'm sure they will survive, like spring, fall and winter. But really, it is the prerogative of the fisherman. If DFW wanted to preserve their numbers, they would ban the taking of browns. Where I fish most of them are triploids, but not all of them. It would be nice if they clipped the adipose fins so we'd know which ones to release. Otherwise I don't believe there is any way to tell the difference.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

BigUnInDaBoat
07-03-2018, 01:31 PM

Many guys are still under the impression that browns are no longer being planted by CADF&W. Those guys are wrong. These non-native fish are planted in our lakes with funds raised by license fees, the ones "good fishermen" pay for yearly.

There is zero difference in keeping a brown vs a rainbow, and in some lakes the rainbows are actually native fish.

Be a "good fishermen" and don't hassle other anglers on their legal catch.

Curmudgeon
07-03-2018, 03:37 PM
So the first time I took my new boat on Camanche a few weeks ago the very first fish I caught was a 19" brown... and it was delicious! :smug:

Andyboy92
07-03-2018, 04:22 PM
Looks like a real good day

SdyGdy
07-03-2018, 04:28 PM
Just to be clear I agree with all of you, every situation is different, life is too short to bicker, fish will be around long after any of us! FISH ON!!! Honor those who have gone before us and Happy Fourth of July to ALL! Salute!