PDA

View Full Version : Camanche Tuesday 7/10

Waterdog
07-11-2018, 03:08 PM
Launched at South Shore Camanche with lines in the water at 6:30am. I went solo again. There were only 5 or 6 trucks and trailers in the parking lot. I only saw 2 or 3 boats trolling the main part of the lake. I ended the day about noon with a limit of rainbows. No pigs this time but all good sized Camanche trout. I had a lot of hit no stick. Way, way more than usual for some unknown reason. I lost 2 at the boat and another when I was unhooking it, fumbled out of my grasp and self released. I also caught 4 small bass , didn’t measure them but they looked between 10” and maybe one 13” or 14”. All released. The trout all had some copepods but not too bad.

Sorry no pics this time, it was darn hot , I was tired and just wanted to get the fish cleaned and start for home, too tired, hot and lazy to take pics. 99 was a parking lot when I got to it. Took almost 2 hours to get home, usually takes me 50 minutes. Saw a car that looked like it burned down to the frame which was the reason for the traffic delay. When I left the skiers and lake lice were starting to arrive.

Anyway the details - surface temp 79 to 80 degrees. Fished the middle of the lake, Hat to Hat, to the dam over the old river bed. Generally in about 100’ of water. Downriggers set at 35’ and 40’ with 100’ setbacks.
I fished only speedy shiners this time and the same 2 colors as last time, red/copper and fire tiger. Both worked equally well. Used procure scent (my secret combination of scents). Trolled 2.8 to 3.2 mph. I marked a lot of fish 30 to 50’ which I think were mostly bass.
I think I’m done with the lakes til September. Might make one Koke trip to Pardee. Going to switch over to the delta for striper, the upcoming salmon season and some catfish.
Tight Lines!

Grncrestliner
07-11-2018, 03:13 PM
Nice report. Us old retired guys seem to fish alone frequently.

fishinpolesready
07-11-2018, 04:39 PM
Nice report. I hope to go Friday and fish the same area's you did. I think I'll use rapala's at 40 ft. Thanks again for sharing your day.

FPR Dale

ferdz
07-11-2018, 07:22 PM
Good to hear you had a great time and nice catch. Nice report

Koke Machine83
07-12-2018, 02:20 PM
Great Day Waterdog!!! I had two folks with me on Tuesday. They wanted to release the fish that day. 15 trout to the boat and another 10 or so BASS!!! 30' to 45' was our sweet spot. Glad you got your limit... Robbie (Koke Machine)...

Waterdog
07-12-2018, 02:49 PM
Thanks Robbie. You are the gifted master fisherman. Anytime I can do close to half as well as you I’ve had a very successful day. It’s the information and tips you gave me last year that is the reason for my continued success there. Camanche has become my go to lake for trout and besides it’s only 50 minutes from home for me.

SteelyMan
07-12-2018, 03:17 PM

I want to join that club,,,,, at least the retired part.

ferdz
07-12-2018, 06:31 PM
I want to join that club,,,,, at least the retired part.

Jealous as well with their free time and doing whatever they want anytime.

Waterdog
07-12-2018, 06:43 PM
Yep retirement is great. I do what I want when I want. Fishing and hunting I do during the week when there are few people out there since most are working. When you are retired every day is the weekend. For those still working I say plan financially for it and it will be here before you know it. And you’ll have the $$$ to do what you want and enjoy .

Jfitalia
07-12-2018, 10:51 PM

You dont fish at all lately. Haha

Grncrestliner
07-13-2018, 07:02 AM
You dont fish at all lately. Haha

Your correct. So far this calendar year I have launched my boat 30 times. Not very many trips in the last 60 days. That is about 1/2 as many trips as I would normally have made by this time in a normal year. However I am sure there are people on here that don't launch their boat 30 times in a year so I think I am still ahead of some. Things are almost back to normal so my fishing will pick up until hunting seasons.