PDA

View Full Version : need advise on waders booties what i`m doing wrong

stefanoflo
07-13-2018, 09:21 PM
. I have a pair of stocking foot waders in a 10 size foot
wading boots are in a size 10 as well. I`t seems that all the patchwork on the waders are on the booties. so im questioning if maybe either ,i`m tying my wading boots too tight creating friction or that the boots are too tight . Booties are 4mm in thickness and they fit my foot perfect . and the boots fit good too . not to loose or anything . am i maybe tying them to tight??? maybe i should keep the laces loose at the foot area and secure the ankle area a bit tighter?? need answers to this . no where else is there patch work . just on the booties. just seems funny . this is my 3rd pair going on year 3 ,last 2 pairs lasted 1-2 years with Holes all over (thigh area)never the bootie.

GR8ANGLER
07-13-2018, 09:33 PM
Buy Simms waders. They will last at least 10 years. Buy wading boots 1 size larger than your normal shoe size and lace as tight as possible.

stefanoflo
07-13-2018, 09:43 PM
Buy Simms waders. They will last at least 10 years. Buy wading boots 1 size larger than your normal shoe size and lace as tight as possible.

anything Good under 200.00?????we all are not as Rich as some!!
thanks

MtnFisher
07-14-2018, 06:12 AM
Do you hike alot while wearing your waders? Hiking alot would place more wear in the booties.

My guess is your wader boots are a little tight plus you hike alot?

My first pair of waders I had one leak develop in the crotch and then later in the bootie after a couple years. Like you my wader boots are size 10 and I felt they were a bit tight the last few times I wore them (cheapie Field and Stream boots from Dicks). I did some hiking, sometimes up to .5 mile but I kayak alot so mostly travel only150yds or so before I get back in the yak and paddle to next spot.

My new wader boots are sized really big and roomy, Redington Skagits in size 10. I knew this before ordering them by reading the reviews. I would rather error on the larger side as I can wear thick or double socks to get a good fit in my wader booties.

I always order my hiking boots one size larger than my regular shoes too, since I usually add Dr Scholls insoles for more comfort and to reduce shock.

And you do know your feet grow wider as you age? At least thats what I read and it seems that way.

If you order the Redington Skagits then order size 10, other brands you might consider size 11. I picked up my Skagits for $85 shipped on sale plus I will receive a small rebate for $6 (thru Ebates). So for $79 I was able to purchase a decent pair of wader boots.

Many of the wader boots I researched under $100 had de-lamination issues, especially if rubber soled.

You might consider a pair of Redington Skagit River wading boots in size 10, others on here recommended the same in my other thread. They have very good reviews and can be had for under $100 when on sale. I will pm you a link.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180714/8029ef6cb3133c01ec70ccf45e82bbc9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

stefanoflo
07-14-2018, 08:02 AM
Do you hike alot while wearing your waders? Hiking alot would place more wear in the booties.

My guess is your wader boots are a little tight plus you hike alot?

My first pair of waders I had one leak develop in the crotch and then later in the bootie after a couple years. Like you my wader boots are size 10 and I felt they were a bit tight the last few times I wore them (cheapie Field and Stream boots from Dicks). I did some hiking, sometimes up to .5 mile but I kayak alot so mostly travel only150yds or so before I get back in the yak and paddle to next spot.

My new wader boots are sized really big and roomy, Redington Skagits in size 10. I knew this before ordering them by reading the reviews. I would rather error on the larger side as I can wear thick or double socks to get a good fit in my wader booties.

I always order my hiking boots one size larger than my regular shoes too, since I usually add Dr Scholls insoles for more comfort and to reduce shock.

And you do know your feet grow wider as you age? At least thats what I read and it seems that way.

If you order the Redington Skagits then order size 10, other brands you might consider size 11. I picked up my Skagits for $85 shipped on sale plus I will receive a small rebate for $6 (thru Ebates). So for $79 I was able to purchase a decent pair of wader boots.

Many of the wader boots I researched under $100 had de-lamination issues, especially if rubber soled.

You might consider a pair of Redington Skagit River wading boots in size 10, others on here recommended the same in my other thread. They have very good reviews and can be had for under $100 when on sale. I will pm you a link.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180714/8029ef6cb3133c01ec70ccf45e82bbc9.jpg

have the skagits in a 10 and `I have an extra pair as well. never had this issue before . can be my past waders which where Allens had a 3mm Bootie . maybe the 4mm is the issue and maybe your right maybe a size up will be the answer so Now I have a extra pair of skagits in a size 10 thats for sale because i`m getting a size 11 !!!i in them
anyone ned a size 10 in wading boots . been worm 3 times Only!!!!! they are sitting around in my closet waiting to go out fishing. Its the lasted model that`s in the Pictures on this post .
PSSS>I do hike a lot 1-2 miles at times to hunt trout!!!!

GR8ANGLER
07-14-2018, 08:37 AM
anything Good under 200.00?????we all are not as Rich as some!!
thanks
Purchase 1 pair every 2 years at $200 or 1 pair every 10 years at $500. You do the math...

Jfitalia
07-14-2018, 08:41 AM
Purchase 1 pair every 2 years at $200 or 1 pair every 10 years at $500. You do the math...

Not all people can justify or have the extra income to drop 500 bucks on a pair of boots

Bret1972
07-14-2018, 10:58 AM
For $139.99 I bought these Cabelas Guide Tech waders. That was in June 2015 and they are still good...

https://www.cabelas.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=1167613&categoryId=0&parentCategoryId=0&subCategoryId=0&indexId=0&itemGUID=9a266810ac10a852371dc8cb1fe9f24c&destination=%2Fuser%2Forder_details.cmd%3Fid%3DYyS keOqMe8aLMqLoLIEjcg%253D%253D%26key%3D61aeea8baa94 4d89affdc0556152bf74

MtnFisher
07-14-2018, 11:26 AM
If you can go up a size then its worth a try.

If needed for added fit I think you could safely add one of the many insoles (gel type) offered by Dr. Scholls. Most are synthetic and you can trim them to fit. I've not tried them in wader boots but I bet they would add comfort especially since one is standing and hiking alot.

I forgot I portaged my kayak upstream thru lots of rapids last winter during the low flows. This type of hiking/pulling is really hard on wader boots. I'm really surprised my cheapie wader boots held up so well. Some trips I pulled my kayak at least a half mile thru various rapids/riffles. A wading staff comes in handy.

stefanoflo
07-14-2018, 01:34 PM

Thanks for the math Class . I still think Knowing what I make and You don`t and the fact that I`m sure you mean well Is That still at 99.00 waders every 3 years and X3 its still less than 500.00. WOW!!!
I actually did something I Hate doing .....MATH!!!!!!
Its like the Old saying
WHATS IN YOUR WALLET!!!!!!!!!!!
PS .....a remedy is what i`m looking at on My end ,
Not a Purchase order. Don`t want to spend 500.00 On Simms and have the same crap happen to me again in 3 years
Thanks .
Even a Mercedes will Breaks down at 60Grand!!!!..........:action-smiley-077:

Jetspray
07-14-2018, 08:13 PM
You guys crack me up, money is only a means of getting enjoyment for what you do. I am 6' 5" and weigh 320 lbs, clothes have always been a problem to get. Size 13 triple wide feet are hard to get for shoes. BTW I always have to pay top price for anything I wear. A T shirt is close to $30 for me....Jetspray

Jetspray
07-15-2018, 04:07 AM
What kind of holes are you getting? Are you damaging the neoprene when you are pulling/pushing them off? I have done this. Buy some wool liner socks, they are thin so it won't make the fit tighter. They will make them slid off easy.
As for the feet getting larger with age, it is true for me I'm only 62 but up to double E. But then again little people make our shoes and the don't make the toe box roomy ever. Each width size is only 1/8" wider.
Watch Sierra Trading Post from time to time. I got a pair of korkers KGB's @45$ + shipping.6 foot 2 inches? I agree and just changing altitudes makes your feet swell up a bit. When I get shoe gear for the winter I have pairs that are a size too big in insulated shoes to put on extra socks and water proof socks as well.....Jetspray

stefanoflo
07-15-2018, 08:38 AM
You guys crack me up, money is only a means of getting enjoyment for what you do. I am 6' 5" and weigh 320 lbs, clothes have always been a problem to get. Size 13 triple wide feet are hard to get for shoes. BTW I always have to pay top price for anything I wear. A T shirt is close to $30 for me....Jetspray

In sort agree about Money . when your young and broke its a different attitude. when you make it in life . and always have money in the bank and wallet . Money is a tool to survive. It`s not the everything we thought it was I in our 20`s and 30`s.. Of course, Eye candy comes with being young .which I miss . why is it the younger ladies look better than the one we grew up with!!!! and what does this have to do with fishing????NOTHING!!!!!!

................WISDOM 101

stefanoflo
07-15-2018, 08:46 AM
What kind of holes are you getting? Are you damaging the neoprene when you are pulling/pushing them off? I have done this. Buy some wool liner socks, they are thin so it won't make the fit tighter. They will make them slid off easy.
As for the feet getting larger with age, it is true for me I'm only 62 but up to double E. But then again little people make our shoes and the don't make the toe box roomy ever. Each width size is only 1/8" wider.
Watch Sierra Trading Post from time to time. I got a pair of korkers KGB's @45$ + shipping.

got holes on the side of the booties and at the top . i`m thinking i`m tying the laces to tight . and that `im tugging the **** out of them, at first when i first got them. I then read where you can put Garbage bags over you feet to get the booties off easier, so I did that and Sure enough that works well. Wool in the summer time ??? that's a hot one there / Winter yes!! Summer ???. I might end up with foot sweat in My booties!!!thinking it was a leak ...Kidding aside on that one . maybe i need to try that ,on what you said. I will however get through this Summer season and get a new pair Come Steel head season January 1st!!!! and make these the summer pair since i now have a Cooling system built in !!!

WhopperStopper
07-15-2018, 09:01 AM
I had this problem with some inexpensive waders I bought from Sportsman's warehouse. I believe my problem was trying to squeeze and force my stocking foot into my boots without loosening the laces sufficiently. The seams in the stockingfoot began leaking. I exchanged the waders under the warranty time period and now take the time to loosen the laces so my feet can slide in my boots with ease. I have not had the same problem with the same inexpensive waders since.