PDA

View Full Version : No Fishing Days on the W. Carson.

Captain Compassion
07-17-2018, 05:32 PM
http://www.graywave.org/sniffer/zzzz.jpg

CC

TexWalker
07-18-2018, 05:30 AM
Thats a weird request

Captain Compassion
07-18-2018, 05:39 AM
Thats a weird request

Yep. Some poor guy works all year so he can take his family on a one week vacation up to the beautiful Hope Valley and CDFW "requests" that he doesn't fish the river for 3 days. Nuts to that. :(

CC

SdyGdy
07-18-2018, 02:45 PM
Makes no sense? Why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jfitalia
07-18-2018, 05:05 PM
It's a request not a lawful order. I'd still fish it

Captain Compassion
07-18-2018, 07:54 PM
It's a request not a lawful order. I'd still fish it

Stick it to the man. Fight the machine. :helmut:

CC

stefanoflo
07-18-2018, 08:33 PM
what would a Aerial Survey have to do with fishing in the river or wading the river if its a aerial thing????
It`s not like they are on shore right????? is this a scam??? anyone can make that at home on a Computer and get zip ties!!!?still don`t get what the aerial work has to do with someone In the river On Earth????

Captain Compassion
07-18-2018, 08:49 PM
http://www.graywave.org/sniffer/moonbeam.jpg

Jetspray
07-18-2018, 09:01 PM
what would a Aerial Survey have to do with fishing in the river or wading the river if its a aerial thing????
It`s not like they are on shore right????? is this a scam??? anyone can make that at home on a Computer and get zip ties!!!?still don`t get what the aerial work has to do with someone In the river On Earth????Maybe they drank the Koolaid, and have visions of sugar plumbs dancing in their heads (like some fortified brownies or candies at the green cross store). They could be using Drones to practice with, next thing you know they will use them to check on your lic while you fish. If you resist the drone will explode or something else will happen. Fruits and Nuts are cereal I think.:wallbash::cookoo::outcold::krzyhunter4ez:.. …...Jetspray

IronClad
07-18-2018, 09:38 PM
It`s not like they are on shore right????? is this a scam??? anyone can make that at home on a Computer and get zip ties!!!?still don`t get what the aerial work has to do with someone In the river On Earth????

More than likely to get accurate images along with other data collections to 3d map the bank to see problem areas concerning erosion and such.. just the logical thought anyway considering its for the "Hope Valley Stream Bank Stabilization Project"

Yep.. just as i thought, that is exactly what they are doing

https://www.americanrivers.org/2016/09/gearing-restoration-hope-valley-meadow/

stefanoflo
07-19-2018, 06:51 AM
More than likely to get accurate images along with other data collections to 3d map the bank to see problem areas concerning erosion and such.. just the logical thought anyway considering its for the "Hope Valley Stream Bank Stabilization Project"

Yep.. just as i thought, that is exactly what they are doing

https://www.americanrivers.org/2016/09/gearing-restoration-hope-valley-meadow/

so there going to start or Finnish what was to be done in 2016????

IronClad
07-19-2018, 07:00 AM
so there going to start or Finnish what was to be done in 2016????

There are different phases and zones.

SdyGdy
07-19-2018, 07:36 AM
Have we not learned that Mother Nature is a force best left alone?
Sounds like a coverup for a bunch of “grant” money to line pockets of those involved?

fishwrong2
07-19-2018, 08:15 AM
Thanks to all for your gracious cooperation in helping restore an area we all enjoy....

Excerpt from earlier phase of the project:
"Gearing up for the Restoration of Hope Valley MeadowMuch anticipated and much needed restoration in Hope Valley Meadow has just begun. This year’s work includes a section of river upstream of Highway 88, and will improve habitat along 6,000 feet of river by re-creating floodplains and revegetating banks and sand bars."

Wait, the jackasses are asking us not to walk through their survey for three whole days in the middle of the week, in an area that has a bridge and a stocker hole that holds fish consistently for at least 4 hours after the truck leaves??????? There aren't any others for a whole mile... I agree, to hell with the jerks....

Captain Compassion
07-19-2018, 08:59 AM
This work seems to be along the river above the 88 bridge through the area east of the Blue Lakes Road.

CC

fishwrong2
07-19-2018, 09:23 AM
Multiple phases... The website has quite a bit of information on it. It gives additional details, and there are other references to the project elsewhere....

Ignorance of some, doesn't equal incompetence of others, just folks who don't know what's going on around them.....

SdyGdy
07-19-2018, 09:38 AM
Just seems there are other ways to spend money, such as fish planting? Sorry if I offended anyone![emoji41]

IronClad
07-19-2018, 10:13 AM
Just seems there are other ways to spend money, such as fish planting? Sorry if I offended anyone![emoji41]

Area's get shut down all the time due to erosion, which a lot of the time is human caused from foot traffic. All the fish planting in the world doesn't help if you have no place to fish.

fishwrong2
07-19-2018, 10:22 AM

Perfectly valid and logical opinion, I agree with to some extent. Never have a problem with a difference of opinion.

Do have issues when those who use the resource the most, constantly ***** about incompetence of those who are doing a job to serve them. Same thing as *****ing about the crew filling pot hole. Don't like waiting in line, grab some bags of cold mix and get your own butt to work.... use the shovel a few days, and folks generally understand a little more and ***** a little less.....

chubbswheeler
07-19-2018, 10:30 AM
I know it's a bit off the subject but can anyone tell me if there's any validity to the no trespassing signs and metal chain strung between two trees just upstream from the bridge across from Sorenson's?
Seems like some crusty cabin owner just trying to scare the crowds away. But I didn't think the trail along the river was private???

Captain Compassion
07-19-2018, 11:34 AM
I do have a problem with CDFW and some of their actions as of late in Alpine County.

1. Ruining Red Lake as a class fishery.

2. A decrease in the quantity and size of fish stocked.

3. A size limit placed on fish stocked by private hatcheries.

4. Charging non fishing or hunting tourists for access to portions of Hope Valley.

5. The wasteful stocking of thousands of small LCT where they have little chance of survival.

These are among a few.

CC

fishwrong2
07-19-2018, 01:41 PM
Non-resident fishing license is $130.42.....

Not sure how many fish a person catches in a year, but for some it's 131or more.....

When I buy a $3 beer at the bar, I feel I've gotten my money's worth....

Would figure less than a buck a fish would yield the same sense of value..... guess not....

Dwight Manley
07-19-2018, 02:16 PM
Welcome to the future "SLPA" sponsored by folks that care....

Luvs2Fish
07-20-2018, 06:27 AM
I do have a problem with CDFW and some of their actions as of late in Alpine County.

4. Charging non fishing or hunting tourists for access to portions of Hope Valley.

5. The wasteful stocking of thousands of small LCT where they have little chance of survival.

These are among a few.

CC

TOTALLY agree with you on the above

chubbswheeler
07-20-2018, 01:52 PM

These are among a few.

CC

#5, I couldn't agree more!!!!!

Fish-on
07-21-2018, 08:50 AM
For personal reasons I hope no one fishes the river those dates because I am going to be there’s on the 27th. Haha I’m selfish