PDA

View Full Version : Tomales 7-19

ngt
07-20-2018, 07:12 AM
Nice calm day. Got it on the water about 7. We stayed inside, but talked to a number of guys that were catching 30+ lb salmon right outside. Saw some nice ones others had caught out there later in the day. We stayed inside, got bait (anchovies, mackerel, sardines, etc) and did a number of floats before and after low tide. We caught 3. Two were a bit over 24 and one a bit over 30. Overall it was a really fun day.

Best part was getting my boat out of the garage and on to the water. I've got that itch like when i first got it. Going to take the fam up to Lake Sonoma next week.
Everything worked great and the trip was smooth!

I spent most of the drifts up on the bow with a rod, using the tm to keep the boat sideways. Nice to be backon the water!

nayr
07-20-2018, 07:45 AM
Hell yeah good stuff man!

fish_junky
07-20-2018, 08:05 AM
Well done. Those will make some good dinners.

1fishaholic
07-20-2018, 07:58 PM
Way to go! We went out last Sunday and couldnít buy a bite. We trolled, drifted live and frozen for a few sharks. The large tides were against us. We are going to get the little Klamath our there again soon for some redemption.

ngt
07-21-2018, 11:12 AM
Thanks! We had fun. Yellow buoy area on live anchovies was what was working. Anchovies really seemed to go towards a size 6 sibiki with only a single small red bead on each hook. We're headed back on fri the 3rd for a good looking morning tide. The 4th and 5th looked good too If you can only make weekends. Good luck out there!

Bret1972
07-21-2018, 02:38 PM
Size 6 for anchovies? Maybe thatís what I was doing wrong. Last year I had sabikis made by Hayabusa and got tons of anchovies. This year I bought a bunch of size 12 and 14 BPS shop sabikis for cheap and Iíve only been able to get TWO anchovies, lol. They have a green glow bead and that iridescent foil stuff on the hook.

Thanks! We had fun. Yellow buoy area on live anchovies was what was working. Anchovies really seemed to go towards a size 6 sibiki with only a single small red bead on each hook. We're headed back on fri the 3rd for a good looking morning tide. The 4th and 5th looked good too If you can only make weekends. Good luck out there!

ngt
07-21-2018, 05:17 PM
There are a ton in there right now. I used the same brand. S002ae-6. I still brought in a few sardines and a couple macks. My friends had larger rigs with the glowing light green beads and still brought a variety of stuff in. Mine just seemed to get the anchovies when the ff showed the bait balls.

I'm pretty new to this stuff, so it could just be dumb luck, but that's just what happened Thursday.

nayr
07-21-2018, 05:40 PM
Ill be out there in the morning. I never seem to get anything besides smelt on my sabikis in Tomales

ngt
07-21-2018, 05:55 PM
We got most of our bait around the red marker past the yellow buoy. Tons of bait in there right now. Good luck tomorrow!