PDA

View Full Version : Blue Lakes

dparkusa
07-24-2018, 01:37 PM
Has anyone been up to blue lakes lately. I'm planning on taking my boys up there in a couple of weeks. Was wondering how the fishing was and what's working. Also wondering how full the campgrounds are. We don't have reservations but it looks like there are a lot of first come - first serve spots available. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Fish-on
07-24-2018, 07:14 PM
Iíll be up there this weekend and will report back.

dparkusa
07-25-2018, 12:36 PM

That would be great. THANKS!

jb fishing
07-25-2018, 04:11 PM
Fished Blue lakes today the fish in Lower Blue are across from
the campground by the Big rock !! Plenty of 10-12 inch planters !! Tried the dam first not even a nibble but it was early afternoon on a beautiful day
Looked like there were open campsites it was very quiet there

w

Captain Compassion
07-25-2018, 06:49 PM
the campground by the Big rock !! Plenty of 10-12 inch planters !! Tried the dam first not even a nibble but it was early afternoon on a beautiful day

Bet it was cool as well.

CC

dparkusa
07-26-2018, 07:19 AM

w

That sounds great. Taking my two young sons. They will be thrilled to catch some fish. Did you fish upper Blue Lake any?

jb fishing
07-26-2018, 03:57 PM
That sounds great. Taking my two young sons. They will be thrilled to catch some fish. Did you fish upper Blue Lake any?
No only fished Lower a couple hours to get a break from the heat in the Carson Valley. Have a good trip

Genius
07-28-2018, 08:34 AM
Never fished Blue Lakes but will be around there next week. I understand that the launches are dirt. I have a 21' Blue Water. Too much boat for the unimproved launch?

Captain Compassion
07-28-2018, 08:55 AM
Never fished Blue Lakes but will be around there next week. I understand that the launches are dirt. I have a 21' Blue Water. Too much boat for the unimproved launch?

Way too much. Tin cans only. Give Caples a try.

CC

Genius
07-28-2018, 09:58 AM
Way too much. Tin cans only. Give Caples a try.

CCThanks for the info. I figured as much. Gonna fish Caples and Silver. Hoping for better luck than past few years.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Captain Compassion
07-28-2018, 04:05 PM
Thanks for the info. I figured as much. Gonna fish Caples and Silver. Hoping for better luck than past few years.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Good Luck. Both are set for DFW stocks this week. Might get to Caples myself.

CC

dparkusa
07-30-2018, 02:15 PM

How was the trip? Campground packed? Catch anything?