PDA

View Full Version : Twain Harte info ??

Fish-on
08-21-2018, 12:26 PM
Taking the family to Twain Harte this weekend and renting a house. Never been there before. Is there any place to get some kids on fish? All kids are under 7 years old so I donít need anything special or secret spots but would like to catch something even if it is small. Just want to get the kids fishing....

we have access to the Twain Harte Lake but is it worth fishing??? If so whatís in it?

Calikev
08-21-2018, 02:10 PM
Lyons Canal would be an option. They plant that on a regular basis and it runs right through the area where there are a lot of cabins. Check the DFG planting page for times they plant and location.

My wife's coworkers family has a cabin right on the canal. She said they catch them there all of the time. I haven't been up there though so can't offer much help.

Up the road further are several streams, rivers and of course Pinecrest. Not sure what has happened with Beardsley but it doesn't appear the road has been fixed down into it. Really a shame as that is a pretty good fishing lake too.

Have fun!

Kevin

BigUnInDaBoat
08-21-2018, 08:27 PM
Lyons lake, pinecrest (avoid on weekends) the canal which was mentioned are all within 20 minutes. If it were me I'd probably shoot for the canal/ditch. Watch the plant schedule.

Fish-on
08-22-2018, 04:09 AM
Thanks guys. I am farmilar with the area around Pinecrest very well so I might try and head there but wanted to try and stay close to home so to speak. 20-30 mins is pretty close but 4-5 mins is better.....

Fish-on
08-22-2018, 07:57 AM
Is the canal the river I see in maps flowing out of Lyons Lake? If so where do you access it and what to use? Is it a worm under bobber or power bait setup? This trip is really a time to get some kids fishing for their first time. All my kids have caught fish but they will have some friends with them who never have and if you have young kids you know they will lose patience prettybquick if nothing happens

BigUnInDaBoat
08-22-2018, 08:24 AM
Is the canal the river I see in maps flowing out of Lyons Lake? If so where do you access it and what to use? Is it a worm under bobber or power bait setup? This trip is really a time to get some kids fishing for their first time. All my kids have caught fish but they will have some friends with them who never have and if you have young kids you know they will lose patience prettybquick if nothing happens

Right across from the firehouse in cedar ridge is a great place (the ditch/canal whatever you want to call it) one splitshot and a single egg or small garden crawlers (baby nightcrawlers) should get you fish no prob. Very easy to walk, and not deep enough to be a real hazard to kids older than 5-6

Calikev
08-22-2018, 11:45 AM

Split shot, small egg hook and salmon eggs what works up there according to the residents. I would expect small mini crawlers would work as well. Pretty much any sinking bait that can freely move in the current but not come to high on top will probably work.

Good luck...

Kevin

RideNfish
08-22-2018, 06:59 PM
Here is where you park for the canal. This is where they plant. I go both upstream and down. Plenty of people just soak bait right there. Small canal. It does come out of Lyons but is a small offshoot from the river.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/38%C2%B003'24.5%22N+120%C2%B013'45.6%22W/@38.056805,-120.2298772,204m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m6!3m5!1s0x0:0x0!7e2!8m2!3d38.0 568047!4d-120.2293303

Fish-on
08-22-2018, 07:13 PM
Thanks....hopefully I can help get a new generation into fishing...!!!!