PDA

View Full Version : North Fork American

steelers0118
09-22-2018, 05:40 AM
Any suggestions of accessible spots on the American North Fork?

Went to the Middle Fork yesterday just south of Auburn on 49, Quarry Trail, but river access was limited...looked easy on a satellite map though :untroubled:.

Thanks.

jakehinds
10-11-2018, 06:16 PM
In my limited experience, I would avoid against recommending the NFAR. I took 49 down to the river, but I hiked the North fork(I've hiked some of the middle fork, really fuggin brutal terrain, zero bites and saw no splashes). From what I've seen the NF only has populations of smallmouth. If you end up going to see for yourself, try throwing a worm pattern and fish the seams a few feet off the banks in the slower water. Dead drift should get the job done. I went with my fly rod and they weren't even biting streamers. Only got one dink on a nymph, and one good bite on the red trout worm but he got off. Like I said, there are some smallies, but I don't know if I can keep going out and getting no bites, or one fish the size of a large Pringle lmao

Robertash20
10-12-2018, 07:39 AM
Any suggestions of accessible spots on the American North Fork?

Went to the Middle Fork yesterday just south of Auburn on 49, Quarry Trail, but river access was limited...looked easy on a satellite map though :untroubled:.

Thanks.

its real tough to fish. sees alot of people hiking, only caught a couple of smallies