PDA

View Full Version : First time to Ice House

mchrisk72
10-20-2018, 10:00 PM
Taking my inflatable pontoon boat to ice house tomorrow first time there any info would be helpful

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

fishwrong2
10-21-2018, 06:58 AM
Trolling a dodger crawler rig has always worked well. Fish are pretty well spread out and shouldn't be too deep. Mostly planter rainbows, but there are some nice ones and an occassionaly brown. Trolling smaller rapalas works, as do Kastmasters. Power bait is an option if you like to baitfish.

One thing to keep in mind is wind. That lake is prone to hard blows that come up very quickly. Just be prepared if you're in your inflatable pontoon.

It's a beautiful lake with impressive views. Should be a good trip. Enjoy.

mchrisk72
10-21-2018, 03:04 PM
Trolling a dodger crawler rig has always worked well. Fish are pretty well spread out and shouldn't be too deep. Mostly planter rainbows, but there are some nice ones and an occassionaly brown. Trolling smaller rapalas works, as do Kastmasters. Power bait is an option if you like to baitfish.

One thing to keep in mind is wind. That lake is prone to hard blows that come up very quickly. Just be prepared if you're in your inflatable pontoon.

It's a beautiful lake with impressive views. Should be a good trip. Enjoy.I did great I got my limit by 3 everything from worms under a bobber to trolling a worm and a Dodger,soaking inflated worms and garlic powerbait everything I tried worked. Great dayhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181021/32e7737d513e34fc2494a8bc2af30737.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181021/d8052ea6d699fd70c6eea31b6277472c.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181021/5041949a78772ddb88e85713be5ff9b9.jpg

bigfin
10-21-2018, 05:49 PM
Nice report , thanks . Hey that second pic is that one of the arms or hopefully thats not the main lake . Wheres all the water??? Oh yeah forgot Moonbeam has it all !!! Tightlines BF

CAL.NDN
10-21-2018, 05:56 PM
That is the lake big it's sad they drained it to make a knew launch and pave the old dirt road to the back.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

mchrisk72
10-21-2018, 06:56 PM
Nice report , thanks . Hey that second pic is that one of the arms or hopefully thats not the main lake . Wheres all the water??? Oh yeah forgot Moonbeam has it all !!! Tightlines BFThat was the first arm from the boat ramp to the right. Main lake I think was to the left. Caught all my fish in that alarm

fishwrong2
10-22-2018, 04:28 AM
Nicely done. Good to hear they're on the chew. Looked like some decent size too.

Thanks for the report.

mchrisk72
10-23-2018, 12:38 PM

mchrisk72
10-24-2018, 11:04 AM

It's a beautiful lake with impressive views. Should be a good trip. Enjoy.Is there access on the east side of the lake the wind wasn't really too bad but if I could start at the East and work my way west I could let the wind blow me back

fishwrong2
10-25-2018, 11:30 AM
Is there access on the east side of the lake the wind wasn't really too bad but if I could start at the East and work my way west I could let the wind blow me back

There is a road to the inlet and Strawberry campground, but it's closed due to construction. Not sure if the work will be done by spring of not.

No launch ramp back there, but I'm sure you could put in an inflatable kayak off the shore. For now you could take the Wright's Lake turn before the ramp and drive a mile or two and access the lake from the portion that's open. Expect you could get in there if you're willing to hump it from the road.

Thanks for the report.